Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shut the SS off today at lunch and the AC blower fan is stuck on. Turning the AC on and off doesn't help. When the AC is off the air start blowing out the defrost vents, when on it comes out the normal vents.

Disconnecting the battery for a hour had no effect, so I pulled the blower fuse and it finally quit. Putting the fuse back in instantly turns on the fan.

To me it sounds like a relay is stuck, but that's just a guess.

Anyone have any ideas? Need help!

At least it's in the 70's here today.
Thanks!

·
Registered
08TbSS - Black
229 Posts
Hey Brian -- I've had the same thing happen TWICE now. I have a 2008 and the culprit was the AC computer. For me it was an easy fix, but a little expensive (~$80 after finding the best part online -- dealer will prob want like $200. seriously.). I'll dig up the info that I used to diagnose the problem, but a post by Jay4Speed put me on the right track.

What year are you? If I remember correctly, there's a cutoff where earlier than 2007/06 just needs a resistor replaced (assuming you're ok with soldering), while later than that needs the entire AC module replaced...

Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

EDIT -- try a search on AC Blower Control Module. The saved links I have are from another forum, but here's one of ours that talks about the same issue: http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64823

I ordered my part from rightnowautoparts.com and got a good price on an AC Delco part

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Reed, I'm in an '08 as well. Took it by the dealership this afternoon and of course the only thing they would say is "bring it by tomorrow and we'll take a look at it". I've got an extended warranty on this thing and after reading over the what's not covered section, I think this is something they would warranty. I just have to cover the $50 dollar co-pay.

I checked out the link and it sounds like the same thing. Hopefully the dealer won't try to ass rape me some way. If for some reason they won't warranty the part, where's the best place to get one?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer replaced the AC controller and that resolved the problem. Cost me $100 for the extended warranty deductible, but it would have been $190 for the part, plus labor otherwise.

Thanks Reed for the input!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.