Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
black 2006 tbss
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was taking my truck in for the TSB for the rock chips and what not.
I wanted to wash it before it went in and i was going to do it myself but my wife didn't want me outside for 2 hours in 115 degree weather.
so I said ok Ill take it to the touchless wash, i had all quarters and no cash and the wash only took 5's so fuck it! im tired and i started washing it in the next bay, I started with the high pressure soap to knock off the dirt
then the soapy brush, and dried it with m/f towels.......... ..
as i was drying it HOLY FUCKN SHIT! THAT BRUSH SCRATCHED THE FUCK OUT OF MY TRUCK!

I didnt even finish drying it i was so pissed, i called the number on the car wash, the guy didnt answer, so i called the cops to file a report just to save my ass and they said they would not file a report, im going to have to take it to small claims if they dont do anything for me..

so the guy finally calls back he says there is nothing he could do for me i should of checked the brush before i started washing my truck. FUCK YOU!!

anyway I told him i dont think you understand maybe you should come here and look at my truck, he said ill be there in 10 min.
he shows up and yadda yadda he says maybe its just in the wax. i said fuck no i would be able to rub them out right now then. he had a black car and i told him to wash his car and he'll find out quick it was his brushes, he said i wouldnt use those brushes..

I told him this could be buffed out by a detailer for a couple $$ he said well maybe you should do it.
i walked away and said ill see you soon.

ANYWAYS SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY AND MISSPELLING! LOL IM PIST

WHAT SHOULD I DO????

POSTING PICS SOON

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Sorry man...

You are bat shit high for using a brush on your truck. I too utilize the do it yourself but

A) not in 115 deg. heat, you already run the risk of water damage to your clearcoat
B) I never use the brush, not on tires, not on wheels this is what Adams polishes brushes are for

and I do it ass early in the AM i try to get there just as sun is rising, I only use a QUALITY microfiber or air to dry then roll a few miles to house to start the detail process.

Sorry but a carwash is more then likely not going to cover your error.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
I'd would have hit him with the brush! but really that's fucked up man sorry to hear hope all turns out good in the end

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Really what sux is that he mostly likely not be held liable for it. Only thing you could probably do is take out some of those small signs and put a pic of your truck with the damage on it and a DO WASH YOUR CAR HERE. Put them around the car wash. just to hurt him for more than the $100 it would have taken to help you out for his brush!

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
If I was going to use the brush, it should have been rinsed by the wand prior to use, There are too many careless customers that pull in,wash and leave with more scratches then they showed up with.

I've seen an ass washing,rinsing and scrubbing a transmission at a self wash off Jefferson before.

Those bristles are 9 out of 10 times too harsh IMO.

At this point best bet is plea case to a manager and see if they'll at least meet in the middle for a solid detail with paint correction,buff with a reputable detailer.

Good luck.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Really what sux is that he mostly likely not be held liable for it.
Why would he be liable....Its not the washs responsibility to babysit customer. Who knows what was washed with the brush before you. Could have been a rocky muddy truck. I say anyone using the brush gets what they got coming if they dont check it or dont bring their own bucket and wash mitt.

Just saying.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
black 2006 tbss
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i told him i was going to stand out in front and tell everybody what happened and he got pist about what i said, he said then i guess i will see your in court for that...

brett was that you by babies r us today?

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
i told him i was going to stand out in front and tell everybody what happened and he got pist about what i said, he said then i guess i will see your in court for that...

brett was that you by babies r us today?
Yes sir, the wife was at sports authority, I was down on Pendleton.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Sorry but your fucked.

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
867 Posts
Living in apartments before I would have to use the do it yourself washes which I would bring my own bucket, but if I would use the brush you have to make sure its clean or rinsed out. I like it in Vegas when you go to the drive through washes we don't use machines we use Mexicans and they do a hell of a job for $15 when in a hurry or its really hot out. Sucks what happened and hopefully it works out for you. Use it has a lesson learned.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Why would he be liable....Its not the washs responsibility to babysit customer. Who knows what was washed with the brush before you. Could have been a rocky muddy truck. I say anyone using the brush gets what they got coming if they dont check it or dont bring their own bucket and wash mitt.

Just saying.
Just saying how some people say that GM is liable for their blown engines after they modify them. I never use the wand. My truck only gets hand washed at one particular hand car wash and goes threw a touchless to get a rinse.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Thank god for laser touch free washes! I am disabiled and alot of times cant do it by hand... Let us know the out come bub!!! Good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Caveat Emptor...The first thing you should do is punch yourself in the face for using a brush at the coin op carwash. I wouldn't use that on a boat, nevermind a truck. wtf were you thinking?

You aren't going to get shit from the owner. Word of advice, bring your own bucket and mitt. Yes there are instructions telling you it is not allowed, but neither is speeding.

On the bright side, the scratches put in by that brush will likely come out with a Porter Cable, unless there were actual rocks in the brush (which is a possibility!)

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
33 Posts
Wow those brushes are like sandpaper....NEVER NEVER. I will leave my truck dirty before I take one of those toothbrushes to it. Sorry for your misfortune, but like they have said, chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,600 Posts
Brushes are for tires and beat up cars. Never paint.

Just remember you just scrubbed your paint with a brush that the last guy in a 4x4 scrubbed his fenderwells out with.

Cant blame this on the car wash.

Hope you can get it buffed out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts