Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
phoneix
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo when I first got my truck almost 4 years ago I had the resonator cut out and replaced with a straight pipe and had the muffler cut out and replaced with a 14inch straight threw borla muffler. Truck sounded greattttt. A few months back i did long tube headers with off road Y (no cats) then the truck sounded even better. It was at the border line of too loud but it sounded great. A few weeks ago i installed a 3200k stall on the truck and now its just wayyyy to loud when your getting on it to get on a freeway or trying to pass some one up. I had friends in the truck last night going out to dinner and we couldnt hold a conversation, and it was starting to frustrate me.

What route should i take??? i am thinking magnaflow cat back? or possibly swapping muffler out for something more quite??

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
I wouldn't do the cat back route... by a MF muffler cut and past see if it gets ya back to where you want to be....if still to loud stock res or magna res. Reason I say is cuz I have the Magna cb...kooks hdrs & ory...Yank 3600...and peeps say I'm quiet. I'm keeping it this way until I do hc cuz I'm sure it will get louder. If you do want to do the cb route...I got a guy that may be able to give you a great price and no before someone says he's my buddy he isn't...just gives away great deals on systems.

·
Registered
phoneix
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea ive searched and heard EVERY youtube video on tbss and exhaust lollll, but alot of people dont list what supporting mods they have, and some videos just dont do justices...

·
OHEYMAN
AWD Trailblazer SS
4,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I would either swap the Borla for a big Magnaflow or add a Magnaflow as a res if you wanna keep your same sound but toned down and no restriction as they are straight through as well.

·
Registered
phoneix
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't do the cat back route... by a MF muffler cut and past see if it gets ya back to where you want to be....if still to loud stock res or magna res. Reason I say is cuz I have the Magna cb...kooks hdrs & ory...Yank 3600...and peeps say I'm quiet. I'm keeping it this way until I do hc cuz I'm sure it will get louder. If you do want to do the cb route...I got a guy that may be able to give you a great price and no before someone says he's my buddy he isn't...just gives away great deals on systems.
What kind of deals? i am debating the magnaflow cb. I want something quite and one day i will do cam but i still want to keep it quite...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Im cammed and I have the factory cat-back and I did an electric cutout right after the kooks y-pipe best of both worlds . My truck sounds damn near stock with it closed and when its open it's loud as fuck.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
What kind of deals? i am debating the magnaflow cb. I want something quite and one day i will do cam but i still want to keep it quite...
I guarantee it will be too quiet with the Magnaflow catback. All things the same Magnaflow is quieter than stock. Yes I speak from experience

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Dynomax VT, quiet at idle. Its the one with the valve that opens and closes.

When it opens its like a straight pipe. I have one on mine without cats and its very tollerable when you drive light footed. I also have the 3600 converter, and to make it drive better changing the shift and lockup MPH help allot. With light TPS under 41% vary your shift speeds like the following below. You may need to play with it some.

TPS% 10 20 30 40 Lock up 10 20 30 40 Unlock 10 20 30 40
1-2---10 11 12 15---------NONE
2-3---17 18 19 20---------19 20 21 22--------16 17 18 19
3-4---27 28 29 32---------29 30 31 34--------26 27 28 31

Hope that helps. I know TPS percents dont match HPTuners, but you get idea G/L

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Stick a turbo on there, that will quiet it down, but perhaps not the passengers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts