Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a shop that does 4" exhaust

Just ordered headers and thinking about going 4" all the way back, dont mind driving a while either

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
U can order pieces of pipe needed from spintech fairly cheap and have it welded all together in place... Lots of mandrel bent exhaust is like that!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
i jut spent weeks on the phone trying to get someone to help me do the same thing. I was able to find a welder and an exhaust guy to work with me to fit it then take it and have it all tig'd up. running 3" from cats back to a single 4" with two diesel magnaflow 4" mufflers. almost like stock set up just larger. all in stainless, costing me 1500+ all parts alone where 1000. I know there is a shop over there that will do the same, I spoke to someone over there about doing it when I was to bring my SS to have trans done. trans fell through so had to find someone over here. luis (speedmaster747) has a dual to 4" single off headers and has post about it. He has been a great help in figuring out how to do mine.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good lawwwd that's a lot of money. My next door neighbor is a rig welder so he has all my welding needs. He is helping me learn how to TIG, well as soon as I get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
That's the shitty part. If I wanted all aluminized pipe, I have build 4 or more full exhaust from scratch. Looking to move I sold most of my garage, my bad ass Lincoln welder. Problem for me with tig....expensive unit and no one will just
Let you borrow one. If you got time and neighbor to help weld. I say build you own.

That should flow more than stock

·
Hauling groceries and ass
TrailblazerSS
100 Posts
99Kon.. Look up FMG exhaust in Crosby, they have been doing big mandrel bent exhaust on Houston area racecars for years.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have heard of FMG but didn't know they did mandrel bending
Ill have to check them out to see was up.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
Vibrant performance. I got a spot for best price I found on them. Let me know if you go this route I'll point you at it.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill see if i can check it out Friday.
I have an idea of how to get the 4" down for a reasonable amount of cash.
Soon as i get some more cash ill be looking at it. I got my headers in today, going to hold off on the Y pipe until i see what i can do with my idea

I am going to need that y to 4" though.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
338 Posts
99Kon.. Look up FMG exhaust in Crosby, they have been doing big mandrel bent exhaust on Houston area racecars for years.
thats who i use! they're great on prices!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts