Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to do this for a while and finally pulled the trigger. I found that the Magnaflow 11229 was the right choice for me after searching and searching videos. I made contact with Kurt (DBTBSS) He put me in contact with John who owns DB Rods.

I am very happy with the work that was done by John! He took his time and made everything look great! He was unhappy with the way the exhaust tip looked when we were finished so he put the truck back up on the lift and took the time to cut and center it in the cutout!

I am happy with the sound even though it's a bit quiet. John stated that it will get louder after a little while on the truck.

I took a few pics and will upload a sound video as it breaks in and gets louder.

Crappy pic

Thanks again John and Kurt!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Looks good if you find its not loud enough just cut the resonator off.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It may sound quiet to you but its loud outside.....let someone do a WOT flyby past you. I have the same exact exhaust and you can't hear it cruising at highway speeds until you get on it. Good choice!!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Alex,

That is the exact same set up as I have. Its nice and quiet on the inside and out side sounds really good. As for getting louder over time mine has been on for over 2 years now and it has a bit but not much.

·
Registered
05 TrailblazerSS AWD
666 Posts
same as i have...i wouldnt mind it being a tad louder but i think if the resonator was taken off it would be too loud. adding headers with a catted y would probably make it sound perfect!!!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2008
821 Posts
If you ever want to see about how loud you are, just open your bad window on a small stretch. I did that and couldn't believe how deafening it was out the back.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
28 Posts
Exhaust looks good ,I did the same thing only with a flowmaster,I took off the resonator and couldn't stand the drone so I put it back on and it sounds good to me>

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
Id Remove the resonator. Especially on a magnaflow muffler. Way tooo quiet for me. Something I noticed thats kinda funny is in the driver seat my aero muffler sounds pretty tame. One day a bunch of us piled in and I let the woman drive and omg in the backseat it is deafening! very curious now how loud it is on the outside! :D

Mufflers will break in a little after several heat cycles but it won't be that noticeable really. Just fyi.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The Magnaflow is deffinately louder in the back seat. I did not have a res on mine though. I HATED the exhaust drone, so I swaped it to the Corsa Sport muffler.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
i like mine with no res - sounds mellow until i romp on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts