Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just was out and fixed my fog's and it seemed that more than just a few people were running in to the clearance issue with the cooler bracket that's behind the front bumper. This is just the way i decided to fix mine. It seemed to me to be the easiest way, with out ripping into the whole front end. I'm sure there are other way's out there this could be done, but like I said, this was just the easiest for me.

I wanna give Sr47Knight the credit for posting the original picture that gave me this idea. This was the way he went about installing his. So i just did mine the same, and took a few more picture's to help everybody else out.

As well as some guy's, including myself, were having issues with not being able to get a wrench or any type of tool on the nut's/bolt's to tighten them. I've also taken pictures of how I got on my nut's and bolt's to get them tight, and it seemed to work out very well for me. Now, on with the pictures!

Clearance issue people seem to be running into.

After unbolting the cooler bracket, and sliding it. This is the room left to adjust the light's with. Plenty of adjustment space IMO.

Here's the bolts on each side of the bracket that need unbolted. Then just slide the backet up, and reinstall the bolts. There's no way for the cooler to move around. It's more or less wedged in place between the bottom of the frame, and the bolt. And the triangle design of the bracket wont allow it to slide side to side either.

And on with how I managed to get the bolt's tight. If your using the hardware that came with your kit, supplied by Jetttstream, the nut's/bolt's are 10mm. I used a 10mm open end wrench for the inside of the fog, and a 10mm ratcheting wrench for the outside of the fog.

Hope that help's everybody out a little bit!

·
Registered
chevy
361 Posts
thank you to the guys that set this up. Feeling more comfortable on putting these in.

Hopefully this weekend in the frigid weather!!!!

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's Steve. I added it to my last reply in the original post. but you could edit it into the first post. Or where ever you'd like haha.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
awesome job great pics!! when the weather warms up im hoping to install these and i will def be refering to these pics in the process! Thanks! :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
Nicely done. I'll use this to install mine whenever I get around to it

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
So... I was gonna notch it by using a dremel, but i like this idea... There are no concerns having it unbolted like that?

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So... I was gonna notch it by using a dremel, but i like this idea... There are no concerns having it unbolted like that?

Nope! There's really no where for the cooler to go. The brackets are almost like a wedge. It can't move up because it will hit the frame rail, it can't move down because of the bolts. And the angle of the "wedge" of the brackets keeps it from moving side to side. Go ahead with your bad self and just do it! Good luck :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,037 Posts
Just installed mine....great part....didn't end up going with this idea as i ran into an alternative while i was doing mine.
I did some damage thanks to a road sign post laying down in the middle of a lovely NJ highway. Damage wasn't so bad, dented my front plate, plate holder, bumper a bit cracked andd cracked part of my driver fog light housing. For those that have spent some time with their fog lights, this is the ring assembly that the eyeball housing snaps into. --a part integrated with the bumper/fog area. There are three "hook" type clips that it snaps onto.

Lucky for me i had one that was cracked from my run in with the sign and popped right out. SO i bolted up the new housing and to a spare ring assembly i had, and then snapped the whole thing into place. Seemed to work for me, tough to get an unbroken one out but it's doable. Best part was tightening the fog housing on a work bench.

Thanks to Evil and JeTTT for the great part, I needed it.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Got a quick question guys my driver side fog light keeps flickering really bad any ideas? I have ddms kit in the fogs and jetttstreams replacement fogs on the truck maybe a bad ballast bulb? IDK

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
Still have to install my fog lights. Been sitting for a while

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Are those the fog light replacements that Jett has listed on their website?
Yes...http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...ETTT&Product_Code=BLZR-FOG&Category_Code=TBSS

Got a quick question guys my driver side fog light keeps flickering really bad any ideas? I have ddms kit in the fogs and jetttstreams replacement fogs on the truck maybe a bad ballast bulb? IDK
Could be a ballast or a bulb...could be a wiring or connector issue, you should probably do a little investigating and diagnosing because your question is completely vague...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts