Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

3061 - 3080 of 3096 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer 3SS
54 Posts

Since purchase of this really clean 1 owner, I have blacked out front grill bowtie, painted SS emblems red, removed the Trailblazer badge and have blacked out headlamps and all new LED's to install.
The chrome on the air ducts are getting black chromed (ghost chrome) and the wheels are at least being polished, but may do some of the black chrome work on either the spokes or the inner edges, can't decide yet. The emblems were going to be black but I went red at the last moment since new calipers will be as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
I drive my TBSS maybe 200 miles every year, and this is the shit that happens. Lol

IMG_5334.jpg

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
240 Posts
1) the tire is repairable
2) said damage happens often
3) 'tiss a badge of honor to any garage monkey worth his salt.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
240 Posts
My Bitch finally hit the 100k mark (My Vet one, not my Viet one, LOL!) so I gave her a nice 10-stage detail and coat of Patriot wax to mark the occassion.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
240 Posts
Stage 1: De-wax car with stripping shampoo.
Stage 2: Clay bar all surfaces.
Stage 3: Buff all surfaces with polishing compound.
Stage 4: Wash entire vehicle to remove polishing compound.
Stage 5: Buff all surfaces with Final polish.
Stage 6: Wash entire vehicle to remove final polish residue.
Stage 7 Apply Final Glaze and buff.
Stage 8: Apply Paint Sealant and buff.
Stage 9: Apply Final Wax product.
Stage 10: Detail Windows, Wheels, and Trim.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
1) the tire is repairable
2) said damage happens often
3) 'tiss a badge of honor to any garage monkey worth his salt.
haha thanks for the support.

Thankfully, these tires are almost ten years old. So I just plugged it real quick. It should last until I decide what i'm getting next. Might go NT05 or something similar

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
23 Posts
View attachment 100787
View attachment 100788
View attachment 100789

Since purchase of this really clean 1 owner, I have blacked out front grill bowtie, painted SS emblems red, removed the Trailblazer badge and have blacked out headlamps and all new LED's to install.
The chrome on the air ducts are getting black chromed (ghost chrome) and the wheels are at least being polished, but may do some of the black chrome work on either the spokes or the inner edges, can't decide yet. The emblems were going to be black but I went red at the last moment since new calipers will be as well.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer 3SS
54 Posts
I don't get how people think measuring to fender lips is a good thing. What if one fender (as many do) have shims, then the frame corners are all out of wack, car is unstable and turns different one direction from the other.
After being around racing and building dozens of road and drag race cars, you HAVE to use frame points to your table, platform or rack. Matter doesn't matter if you rack is level as long as you have the same measurements.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,015 Posts
I don't get how people think measuring to fender lips is a good thing. What if one fender (as many do) have shims, then the frame corners are all out of wack, car is unstable and turns different one direction from the other.
After being around racing and building dozens of road and drag race cars, you HAVE to use frame points to your table, platform or rack. Matter doesn't matter if you rack is level as long as you have the same measurements.
Dude, it’s just how the kits are labeled. Tony makes a 31.5” or 30” kit. He labeled it as measured to the fender lip. For example, I use his 31.5” kit with Coilovers in the front, his upper a arms. The rear is 31.5” spring conversion. Don’t over think it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer 3SS
54 Posts
I'm an engineer and car builder man, it's my nature and I've never learned to be to on the fly with this sort of stuff. Most other parts of life it's a crapshoot, crazy as hell.

3061 - 3080 of 3096 Posts