Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been hearing some ticking from somewhere underneath the truck since I raced that Shelby, checked just about everything I could possibly check without pulling the motor apart and couldnt find the source of the ticking. I was about to close the book on it and finish putting the new front crossmember in and head over to the exhaust shop to get my true duals put on and get a front end alignment before I headed to the track tonight...and I just happened to look down and saw this....

Didnt get to pull the balancer off, one shit ass problem piled up on top of another so its not coming off today...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
WOW!

Never seen that before! Call IW and ask what they have to say...

I would hope they take care of you!!!!:barf:

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
The balancers can have a new hub installed. The only other time I have seen this was with a customer who had a key that was too big and split the hub right in line with the 3/16" keyway. His broke before he even got it all the way on. I am sure IW will help you out no problem.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just pisses me off because today the DA has been -1500 to -1800 all day... Made my hopes of a 10.9XX seem more possible... then this...

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There will be plenty more days to run the TBSS at the track. Maybe they will have the track open on Friday?
It will be, but it looks like it's gonna be raining from tomorrow through Saturday. Either way I'm getting this freak ready.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
oh hell just throw some duct tape on it and call it day...

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
oh hell just throw some duct tape on it and call it day...
Oh believe me a year ago I would have....you should have seen my truck when I dropped it off at Greg's shop back in august to do the 80e conversion. Joe and Greg were like:wtf: I'll let them mention what I used for an efan bracket and transmission cooler lines..... Greg didn't hesitate to bust my chops about it the instant he saw it either....

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Oh believe me a year ago I would have....you should have seen my truck when I dropped it off at Greg's shop back in august to do the 80e conversion. Joe and Greg were like:wtf: I'll let them mention what I used for an efan bracket and transmission cooler lines..... Greg didn't hesitate to bust my chops about it the instant he saw it either....
No Comment! -> :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
I wasn't busting your chops, I was complementing you on the best "ghetto" fan mounting I had seen to date...:kissass:

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
I wasn't busting your chops, I was complementing you on the best "ghetto" fan mounting I had seen to date...:kissass:
I'm mentally picturing barbed wire on the fan and a hose off the milking machine on the tranny cooler...:biggrin2:

·
Kidd
2007 Blue Tbss
1,175 Posts
Bendi straws ans scotch tape!

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Tim, it sounds like you might have been giving Larry the Cable Guy a run for his money!
:rofl::doh::pointlaugh:

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Too funny. How does it feel with the true duals on it?
I havent fully tested it out yet....I've got a 6 rib belt on the truck right now. Splashed some coolant on the green one and it wouldn't stop squeaking so I took it off. I'll have a new one Monday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts