Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is an 06 and when I got it it didn't have any SS badges on it. So I asked my friend at the dealer to look up the price for all 3. He tells me that when he ran the vin my truck was orderd with the SS badges deleted from the factory. My doors have molding on them like the regular Trailblazers but they don't say Trailblazer on them and no SS badges. All the TBSS I've seen don't have door molding and they have the badges. I just thought that they had taking the moldings off now I'm thinking mine was ordered like this. Has anyone ever heard of this?

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I just removed every badge from my TB. I think it looks sooo much better. Save your money on the SS badges and just buy a can of Goof Off and some wax to remove the molding and you will be set:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
I just removed every badge from my TB. I think it looks sooo much better. Save your money on the SS badges and just buy a can of Goof Off and some wax to remove the molding and you will be set:biggrin2:
:iamwithstupid:

I bought my SS brand new and I removed all the badges the night I brought her home. I think all vehicles look better without badges.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
I would verify the RPO code sticker on the glove box door to verify you have somewhere 1SS or 3SS trim package. I have never heard of a FACTORY debadged SS....they may have pulled the wool over your eyes or someone else converted a normal TB.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
NO SUCH THING as a factory debadged ss...

pm me your vin if you like and i can TRULY figure out what you have...

ss badges are not expensive at all and i have all 3 in stock...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I already bought them. There cheap I paid $16 for the doors and $12 for the rear. I have a 3ss. Just my parts guy told me he couldn't get the part number though my vin and thought that it was ordered from the factory like that. I just figured the old owner took them off. And I'm sure that's just what happened.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,982 Posts
I would verify the RPO code sticker on the glove box door to verify you have somewhere 1SS or 3SS trim package. I have never heard of a FACTORY debadged SS....they may have pulled the wool over your eyes or someone else converted a normal TB.
Since it's an 06 it's not a 1SS/3SS. That didn't happen until 07 when the TBSS became its own model. The 06 only came as LS or LT trim level with a $5500 SS Option package. Check it out - http://www.ss-shootout.com/differences.html

No matter which year, all TBSS's 8th VIN digit is H. If that's not in your VIN, you don't have a TBSS.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Since it's an 06 it's not a 1SS/3SS. That didn't happen until 07 when the TBSS became its own model. The 06 only came as LS or LT trim level with a $5500 SS Option package. Check it out - http://www.ss-shootout.com/differences.html

No matter which year, all TBSS's 8th VIN digit is H. If that's not in your VIN, you don't have a TBSS.
I'd be heartbroken.

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
When I bought my truck I noticed that it didn't have the GM chicklets on the side even though it was an 08. Dealer offered them to me for free but I declined,I'm going to look around for pics of a fully debadged SS I'm thinking of doing that soon.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Yup IMO I don't like the GM chicklet on the SS.. I should get some SRT-8 badges for my SS just to piss of the SRT-8 owners. They would go NUT's!!!

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Thanks I already bought them. There cheap I paid $16 for the doors and $12 for the rear. I have a 3ss. Just my parts guy told me he couldn't get the part number though my vin and thought that it was ordered from the factory like that. I just figured the old owner took them off. And I'm sure that's just what happened.
I personally LIKE the badges; it lets people know what they fuckin with when they pull up at the light:cheers1:....

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
I personally LIKE the badges; it lets people know what they fuckin with when they pull up at the light:cheers1:....
I agree. :cheers1:

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Agreed! The sheriff doesn't roll with out his badge! :biggrin2:
Agree here as well! I have loved the SS Chevys ever since the 60's Chevelles and I am proud of my TBSS and like people to know it is an SS.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
Plus I think without the badges it looks we are an impostor and turned a regular TB into a TBSS.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
332 Posts
The SS badges were done just right on the TB subtle but with good taste.

My 07 didn't have the GM badge but i made sure to decode it before purchasing the truck it is a 1SS.

Like stated above look for an H in the 8th digit of the vin.

I've also never heard of an SS with door moldings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.