Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning some douchebag fuktards went through the parking lot here where I work and cut off a bunch of catalytic converters from SUV's. Mine wasn't hit, but a buddy of mine had his early 2000's Jeep Grand Cherokee removed.

I park mine out away from other vehicles in the open for two reasons.....eliminate door dings and keep these asswipes from stealing my cats.

If you are one that parks their TBSS in with all the other cars so there is one on either side of you, you are at risk for them to roll up and dive under without anyone seeing them. Just sayin....it only takes a few seconds and they are gone with a very expensive part of your exhaust.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
451 Posts
interesting........:dunno:

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Our delivery vans were hit a while back, my K5 was parked right next to them but I already had my cats off:boff: I think scrap yards should be forced to stop buying them:2cents:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Go ahead and cut my cats =) .. Wait I don't have any!! But my buddy with a srt-8 was telling me there cats are in high demand and sell from 1,500-2k !!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
720 Posts
I dont have cats either, but I'm low enough that it wouldn't matter. There's no way they could get it out from under the truck. It happens alot around here though... mostly on used car lots or at repair shops.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Another good reason to lower your truck, most pickups you could get under there with ease, where as I can barely fit my head under my truck. Only scrapyard I've dealt with copies your DL and makes you sign saying what you brought in isn't stolen, so I figured they all did, then I found out the ones in Philly don't.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
329 Posts
Yeah this goes on around chicago as well. They hit a few pay to park lots in some pretty expensive areas not too long ago.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
I dont have cats either, but I'm low enough that it wouldn't matter. There's no way they could get it out from under the truck. It happens alot around here though... mostly on used car lots or at repair shops.
Yep, that is why Toyota trucks and 4 runners get hit often. The cats are real easy to get to at stock height.

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
this is actually the first i've ever heard of this. well i guess when the cop stops me i'll just say they stole it so I just put some pipe on temporarily...lol

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
My stock GTO cats were stolen from the bed of my pickup.... assholes.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Hmmmm.... Easy grab I guess ^^^

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
Yeah this has happened to a few of our service vans. I wouldnt think it would be too big an issue with out trucks, theyre pretty tucked up there and not very easy to get to.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Cats are for pussies!!! It's so pathetic that people are stealing this shit.. Really?? What comes around goes around.

·
Registered
07 Trailblazer 3SS
515 Posts
a Mercedes dealership got hit around me, that must have been one hell of an insurance claim

they also hit a Uhaul branch

·
torn down ss
07 TBSS
1,739 Posts
mine got cut to and im from chicagoland southside-----------i cut them off lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah this has happened to a few of our service vans. I wouldnt think it would be too big an issue with out trucks, theyre pretty tucked up there and not very easy to get to.
I was thinking the same.....they look like they would be more difficult to remove than others. Not impossible by any means, but still more difficult. They can't risk the job taking too long....they need to cut and run quick.

I dream about catching someone trying to vandalize my truck.

FYI - it's gonna cost my buddy $550+ to repair and replace on his Jeep. I told him just to weld a straight pipe through the area and be done with it, but he is a "follow the rules" kinda guy.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
717 Posts
Buddy of mine owns a big scraping business....Import cats are worth 100-250 each cat and domestics are 25-150 and thats what he gives to shops around town. He prob makes 50-100 each cat when he brings them to the precious metal recyling yard after he has 100+ cats. Cats=lots of $$$

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
A bunch of the guys I work with had theirs stolen off their cars in broad daylight in Chicago on 89th and State and 63rd and St Vincennes. I think they hit about a dozen cars in a span of 2 or 3 days. Apparently the SS is too low or too hard to get to because they left mine alone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts