Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if these could be installed on a SS and if anyone has done it. To me they look clean and will hopefully cover more of the frame when looking at it from the side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
I looked at it a long time ago and by the looks it.. Won't match up with the fenders

·
Premium Member
Envoy Denali
1,355 Posts
Lets trade if you really want to haha. It will fit just not too perfect. I smashed the mounts on one of the sides but they are straight just would need some paint to match what ever you're driving.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts
Just wanted to know if these could be installed on a SS and if anyone has done it. To me they look clean and will hopefully cover more of the frame when looking at it from the side.
One of the guys in my area had these same running boards on his TBSS. He said the guys at the dealership had to do some extra work to get them to fit, because they don't match up exactly. I admit, the black running boards looked sharp on a black TBSS, but if you looked close enough you could see the lines didn't match up.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the guys in my area had these same running boards on his TBSS. He said the guys at the dealership had to do some extra work to get them to fit, because they don't match up exactly. I admit, the black running boards looked sharp on a black TBSS, but if you looked close enough you could see the lines didn't match up.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping for a direct bolt on. So these will have to wait awhile I guess. Not to mention I think they are around 1600 bucks or more.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
There is a direct bolt on for the SS, and you have the option to order them painted to match. I for one don't mind the looks, and they keep the rockers clean and paint chip free. I purchased them locally from Automotive Solutions painted for $600 installed a few years ago. Their number to contact them is 815-544-8189. I don't remember who actually makes the boards but maybe they can tell you and you can find a dealer local.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,552 Posts
These look like the Wingz Express running boards. The have them for the SS even though the website doesn't list them.
http://www.wingzexpress.com/

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
that totally ruins the look of the truck. please dont ever install them or even consider it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,552 Posts
that totally ruins the look of the truck. please dont ever install them or even consider it.
I bought my TBBS with Nerf Bars on it and they are the worst look possible. I agree that Envoy running boards aren't good either. I have to get running boards so my 85 yo mother with back problems can get into my truck. I will be getting the Wingz running boards as the best possible looking running boards. Sometimes other things take precednce over pure looks.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the link and all the feed back. I'm still pretty new to the site and appreciate all the feedback including the "why" and the "don't do it". My biggest thing is rock chips on the side of the truck, and also being able to see so much of the frame when standing back away from it. And yes I know a lowering kit will help with the frame visibility, but even the lowered ones its still really visible.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
22 Posts
Are there automatic running board options for the SS? That would keep the clean look with the added functionality.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are there automatic running board options for the SS? That would keep the clean look with the added functionality.
The only mfg's of electric that I know of is Amp Research and Best Top. Neither of them offer them for a trailblazer, also they would not add any protection from rocks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts