Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine went in my 2006 tbss, I was looking for a forged bottom end, I have about $5k, some people told me to go stock and do a few upgrades , what is the best for me to do, I want to add a little more horsepower,

·
Lighter-than-you
TrailblazerSS
329 Posts
All depends on what you want you want to do.. If you are already considering a forged bottom, then I'm assuming your long-term aspirations are well-beyond a little more power. Stock bottom will support low boost, mild nitrous etc. If you are going to stroke it then yeah.. might as well put in forged while you're at it. But if your future goals are <750 boosted hp and your stock bottom is in good nick then use the money towards other upgrades.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might stick with a stock one, I was trying to find an engine for a 2006, those are hard to find, does anyone know where can I get one, or what would I have to put one in from a 2007, I'm in Chicago.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,549 Posts
If you look for 6.0's out of full size trucks you will have an easier time. An actual LS2 out of a TBSS/GTO/Corvette may be hard to find but they put 6.0's in trucks for a long time. They won't be quite the same (some are iron block, some will have diff heads, diff compression) but through eventual modding you'd end up with the same power anyway and you can save some $$ that way. A Gen IV 6.0 would be best (so the knock sensors/etc are on the same spot) but you can make a Gen III work as well with a conversion harness kit (for cam/knock sensors). Make sure it is a 24x crank reluctor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts