Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I have a 9-7x 5.3 for about 5 years now, at the moment 90k on it and the engine use around 1quart/ per 1k oil.
At all my current 9-7x is not a cute, dings and dents all around from the pre owner. But it is a nice family ride for longer trips and occasonly towing around 4k sometimes up to 6k.
Since I like the size of the 9-7x and to have the power of V8 I would like to use a 9-7x the next 10 years.

Now I have the possibility to get a 9-7x ( also a 2006) with a broken 5.3 but a dent free nice looking body.

So my idea build a nice solid new one to replace my current 9-7x time frame 1-2 years.
Engine: I would like to have a troque engine so it need more cubic. I was thinking about LS3 or L92 or a stroker?
Or the simple route just put a LS2 in it?
Transmisson: Rebuild and uprgade the current 4L65E + a big cooler

Any suggestions/ ideas?

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think around 6-8k , small parts transmisson upgrade so around 10k total

The last few days i did look around, i think about ATK short block 403ci and a set of rebuild ls2 heads

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey NISMO, any progress?
Is your SAAB an AWD?
I am looking at the same kind of swap and I’m wondering about the oil pan /drive axle fitting.
The SAAB 5.3 is the Chevy LH6 engine, if I fit a TBSS LS2 with AWD will the 9-7x front dif and axle match up?
anybody seen this done? TBSS > SAAB 9-7x ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking about buying some old car (as a project car) and focusing on the exterior first. I have a few cars in mind that i'd like to buy and they look well with the planned mods.
But making your car faster is a thing too. So i thought about tuning them a bit and how to make their performance go up. Looking up guide on how to install a turbocharger and all that.... really basic i know. Anyways a friend of mine just said "Why not just engine swap?" And i'm all like, how and what engine?

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,779 Posts
I was thinking about buying some old car (as a project car) and focusing on the exterior first. I have a few cars in mind that i'd like to buy and they look well with the planned mods.
But making your car faster is a thing too. So i thought about tuning them a bit and how to make their performance go up. Looking up guide on how to install a turbocharger and all that.... really basic i know. Anyways a friend of mine just said "Why not just engine swap?" And i'm all like, how and what engine?
LS3 with 58x reluctor wheel is very popular and affordable swap option. Good performance stock and really wake up with a cam and heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts