Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a problem with my engine having random misfires when I first started it up. So I unplugged each coil one by one to try and see which cylinder had the miss. Since the misfires were random I couldn't narrow it down to a specific cylinder. So I shut the truck off and let it sit for a few hours and when I came out to start it, the misfires have gotten worse. Now it is constant and the whole truck is shaking. I had it scanned but I don't remember what the codes were for sure. It read something like cylinder 1, 3, 5, 7 circuit low and misfire on each.

Does anyone know what would cause the driver side of the engine to not fire?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
Check all of the connections going to the coils

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check all of the connections going to the coils
I did that and they are fine. I also replaced all of the spark plugs and no change occurred.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only one bank showing misfires? Hmmmm......
Actually that bank isn't firing at all. I will post the codes tonight when I get off of work.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
YOu have to have some damaged wiring, a bad plug to the coil pack main, something is going on.....Doesnt sound like wires, plugs or even a sensor type of issue, and definately not gonna be injector related UNLESS the harness to the injectors is damaged. I thought for sure you had this figured out by now. Did you swap all your stuff from your original engine over to this one? all sensors and such?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Yeah something isn't right electrical wise I would bet. Doubt you had 4 coils go bad at once or 4 injectors or something.

Have you checked all grounds and sensor connections?

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should have had it figured out by now. I have been away with the military off and on for over a year now. The harness, plugs, coils, and intake were used from the old engine.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Something got pinched or something man. I told you my buddy could probably figure it out, just got to bring us the truck and leave it. I'll
help him, he charges, but I'll help him for free.
I will get in touch with you sometime next week when I get paid. I appreciate any help that I can get.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
340 Posts
I just had the same issue after running through deep water ,bank 1 was missfiring pretty bad ,turned out to be the o2 sensor. Scan your o2`s and see if bank 1 is reading low mv`s, should be cycling pretty quick if its not then its probably your sensor.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got it figured out. The codes that came up were Injector 1, 3, 5, 7 control circuit. It turned out to be that there was no power going to the connector on that side of the engine. I know there is a short some where, but in the short term I just got a piece of wire and jumped from the harness to a fuse.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I told you it would be in the wiring.
You were right. After scanning it, I was able to narrow it down to the injector connection.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Let me know when you take it out to Kil Kare to run it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts