Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving home from Texas Roadhouse with my wife on Saturday and the truck starts knocking pretty badly. Acceleration is shit, and even when we simply turned the truck on in the parking lot it shifted on its own while still in park. Called the dealership on the way home and arranged for a flatbed to pick the SS up. They didn't get a chance to look at it until today but confirmed my suspicion that it's knocking turribly. They believe it's cylinder #6 but haven't torn it down enough to confirm. Said it was a loose wire that got fried causing the misfire--they fixed that but are currently negotiating with my extended warranty company to put in a whole new motor or if they need to tear it down more for further justification. I also asked them to find out about a rental for me in the meantime, if possible. Hope all goes well and if there's no LS2's out there I'll settle for an LS3 :doh::muahaha:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Werd...but with 80k on the odometer and less than a year and a half left on the warranty I'm glad it happened now, y'know? Unfortunately the extended warranty WON'T cover the hydraulic openers on the back tailgate that just went out. Garbage.

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
Wow, all these stock trucks going kaboom! Its a bummer..
This isn't anything new.

Why do you think the 2WD Moroso oil pan, the modded AWD pan, the oil filter relocation kit, and the crossmember kit allowing the use of the Corvette oil pan was developed?

I can assure you it isn't a marketing ploy.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Billy nobody reads your threads along with many other members. Seems they fall on deaf ears.....kinda like propaganda leaflets dropped from a plane.

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Billy nobody reads your threads along with many other members. Seems they fall on deaf ears.....kinda like propaganda leaflets dropped from a plane.
Smart people do. At a minimum, I search for ALL Billyman posts every other day.

P.S. Dawg.... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY... put that damn quote under the line. It comes up in your quoted text EVERY time. Very annoying.

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
Hell, you couldn't find them if you were looking for them! LOL!

I'm just days away from doing the "Vendor" thing. I need to do so to be fair to the other Vendors and to Tony. Once all that's in place, I'll have the info I have written readily available. If nothing else, it'll be easy to find and easily linked too.

My mission still doesn't evolve around money or profits but merely fixes and solutions. Advice is always free.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've kept my truck stock thus far for this exact reason. With the warranty still good I want to save for the parts I'll be needing once it expires and in the meantime keep this safety buffer while I still learn about the truck and get a good feel for what to look for later on down the line. Thanks for the heads up though Billyman, I'll keep that in mind!

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Absolutely...cool vendor really? And I thought the dreaded #6 thread was stickied...I read and read before buying and read and read before modding and talked and talked to knowledgeable members cuz these things are definitely different from the norm.

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So service tech called and said the adjuster wants the engine torn down to prove what caused the problem. Apparently the cheap ass doesn't realize the symptoms of an ongoing problem in these trucks and doesn't want to fork over the money for a new block until he absolutely has to (kicking and screaming, no doubt).

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Ya Shawn told me last night deleted it. I have been on my phone using tapatalk not the browser so I didn't realize this fact SORRY AGAIN TO ALL.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ugh, so they can't find any new motors. Service manager said they may have to put in a used LS2 buuut I'm feeling that may not be acceptable. I'm not paying for the extended warranty to get secondhand parts. Is this a normal practice or are they just trying pull the wool over my eyes and make a temporary fix? I would think if they don't have the available part that I need then replace it with its upgrade (i.e., LS3).

·
BAWLZ
86 Posts
I don't want used motor( unless they give us like a 4 yr warranty on it). I am thinking about calling a GM or something to get this taken care of ASAP, the truck has been in the shop long enough and using only one car sucks donkey balls.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
Ugh, so they can't find any new motors. Service manager said they may have to put in a used LS2 buuut I'm feeling that may not be acceptable. I'm not paying for the extended warranty to get secondhand parts. Is this a normal practice or are they just trying pull the wool over my eyes and make a temporary fix? I would think if they don't have the available part that I need then replace it with its upgrade (i.e., LS3).
you sure about that?

what warranty company is it?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The already said they'd get a new motor--problem is they can't find one. Not sure what the warranty company is off the top of my head and the paperwork is in my glove box.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts