Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I’m in the middle or removing the engine and trans from my 2004 Buick Rainier. Has anyone pulled both the engine and trans together on these? I’ve removed the grill, ac, rad, intake manifold etc. Cv joints are almost out now. Tips? Engine first then trans? I have a 4 post lift so that helps.

doing a turbo to the 5.3 and swapping in a 2 wd 4L80e to use as a RWD only setup.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
233 Posts
I yanked mine out all at once. It was pretty easy. Just make sure you drain the transmission before you lift it out. It can be a one person job but it’s a lot easier if you have an extra set of hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
233 Posts
Mine is RWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,265 Posts
Rwd or Awd they both come out all the same. Only difference is you’ll want to take the transfer case off for the awd.

You may be able to finagle it out of there with the t case on, but that seems like it would be such a PIA.

·
Registered
'08 Saab Areo (TBSS)
2 Posts
I'm looking a pulling mine (AWD) out in a couple weeks also. I've got a rod knocking, lightly. Does anyone have pictures or a video?

I plan to rebuild with forged pistons, new oil pump(has rear p/u), and a couple other parts depending on what I see. Then I'll put the TVS/CAM back in. I'll re-tune and dyno. Any advice here is welcome too.

Good luck to everyone pulling their motors. I'm sure it will be a fun time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts