Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 tbss
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the engine & trany as a unit on a 2006 AWD? I know you would have to removed the t-case first.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Has anyone removed the engine & trany as a unit on a 2006 AWD? I know you would have to removed the t-case first.
Just did mine last weekend. You need to disconnect the front driveshaft from the diff but you can pull the motor and diff as one. Just need to pull the front shocks and remove the 3 motor mount bolts from the frame on each side and it goes right up.

Maybe you are using the wrong word "t-case"? You don't have to touch the transfer case. Just the front CV axles and front drive axle

·
Banned
18,856 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
642 Posts
I pulled the engine, transmission, and front diff as a unit a few weekends ago. I did remove the transfer case. It worked, but would have been easier and faster to separate them. Needless to say, the new engine and new transmission will be going in separately.

Tim

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
118 Posts
I removed everything as one a few months ago and installed this past weekend. It was much easier than I had anticipated. I removed everything up front and also the intake manifold to allow more room. Install went easier than removal surprisingly.

·
Registered
1949 TrailblazerSS
31 Posts
It is faster to pull the body off if you want to remove the engine, trans, and transfer case as a unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts