Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the options for endlinks re a bit more limited these days, I figured I'd give a review on my experience with energy adjustable endlinks on my 09 awd.

Being an 09, my front has the completely vertical kind, which is cheaper. I went with the shortest adjustable set from energy, paid a reasonable price from advance and got 20 or 30% off what everyone else wanted with a cpupon. The vertical endlinks adjust by having different thickness bushings, so depending on how you place the thicker and shorter ones you can adjust the gap between them. It's a little finicky to get right, but it works. One thing I found is they actually compress quite a bit before you start getting them torqued. They're a little noisy, but I probably need to put more torque on them, and maybe a bit more grease. I do wish there was a way to have a zerk fitting on them... But there's not really. They're fairly easy to remove and. Lube if necessary though.

The rear endlinks on my car are ball joint style. This bothered me because I didn't think that was as stiff of a connection as something more rigid. I debated on the heim joint style or the eyebolt style from suspensionmaxx, but decided against heims due to upkeep (this is my daily driver), and suspension Maxx due to not having a size for lowered trucks. They went in fine, and I definitely prefer the retitoon of having a large washer type area to hold straight vs an Allen end. They don't have a ton OD super minute adjustment, but get you in the ballpark. That said, fo me at 32" rear, they were still a little too long to get my aftermarket rear bar totally parallel to the ground, but they're good enough I'd say. Getting them really torqued down while on the ground is sort of a challe ged, but doable.

Overall, I'm very pleased with them. They definitely tightened up the suspension, and seemed to be well built pieces. I do wish the rear endlinks were a little shorter, but for the price point I can't really complain.

Hope this info helps someone.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update. It's been a couple weeks, and I decided to jack up my truck and put on my slp exhaust. That's a whole other ordeal and story.

So after getting the truck up in the air I noticed a random ball stud sticking out and thought "wtf is that for?". Turns out, that's the inside of the energy endlinks, and it had completely popped loose from me lifting the truck. After wiggling the endlinks to try to see if I could pop it back on the ball, the other end popped off too.

So basically, these things are garbage. I'll be returning them as defective pieces of crap, and I guess my search continues. Suspension Maxx maybe?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More update. I popped the balls back in with a small arbor press and they're good as new. I guess it's just one of those things to be aware of, if you jack your truck up high, disconnect your endlinks.

Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
More update. I popped the balls back in with a small arbor press and they're good as new. I guess it's just one of those things to be aware of, if you jack your truck up high, disconnect your endlinks.
Sounds like they'd be questionable in hard cornering if they can't handle the load of the of bar they are supposed to control.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oddly enough they've had no issues with that.

I think the root cause is they're just slightly too long for my ride height, I'm at 32" rear and so the endlinks are honestly a little too long. I have to jack the car up slightly to get them on, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts