Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TBSS 3SS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Converted to all LED bulbs in the tail lights and head lights. Installed a LM487. It corrected the hyper flash but when I turn on the parking lamps the LM 487 just stops. Hazards or left/right signal won't flash either. Soon as I turn off the parking lamps it continues to flash again. I removed bulbs in pairs at a time to see if it was the LEDs. That wasn't it. I have pulled every fuse and checked every micro relay. Swapped around and even replaced some.

I also have an issue with my rear trailer harness. I get nothing at the plug. Completely dead. I connected the red wire at the fuse block under the hood. New 30 amp fuse. I think the ground is near the drivers rear tire on the frame. I was going to check for rust at the bolt.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

2006 TBSS 3SS

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,399 Posts
Did you put in SRCK bulbs when you switched over to Led? The rear is a different polarity set up compared to normal 3157 bulbs. Its like you would rotate the clocking of the 4 contacts. Regular 3157 has one pos and one neg per side. CK is both pos on one side opposite of both neg. Check your tail fuses

·
Registered
2006 TBSS 3SS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you put in SRCK bulbs when you switched over to Led? The rear is a different polarity set up compared to normal 3157 bulbs. Its like you would rotate the clocking of the 4 contacts. Regular 3157 has one pos and one neg per side. CK is both pos on one side opposite of both neg. Check your tail fuses
These are the bulbs I have installed. I didn't know about the wiring. I checked my fuses and they are all good. I can re clock the wiring. Thanks for this tip!!!!

·
Registered
2006 TBSS 3SS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I figured it out. I replaced the LM487 to a LM486. I removed the 194 bulbs from the head lights. Once I install a regular bulb or LED bulb my hazards or signals won't work. They stay solid. Everything else is LED except the small 194 bulbs on the outside of the head lamp. I think its because the 194 bulbs alternate with the bottom larger bulb. The 194 LED I was using were SRCK. Fuses are good. I still can't get my tailer harness figured out. Everything is working with the 194 bulbs out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts