Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's the deal I have decided to tackle my build on my own and needless to say I'm a noob.
You can see my progress and all I have achieved here...
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52452

I have everything all set everything on and from what I thought she'd be ready to crank! NOT!! I'm just aggrivated and too anxious I guess!

I have a total of four (4) grounds on the vehicle ( a little precautious) One on every corner of the vehicle. The grounds have been cleaned thoroughly down to bare metal using a dremel. The main powerline for the rear to the front connected to the starter using 1Ga. from the power to the fusebox and from the box to the altenator also using 1Ga.

Here's the dilemma I measured my voltage results 9.7V added a battery booster measured voltage again 9.7V Dead cells? Bad battery booster?

My question would be if my grounds were bad grounds would I be able to get a voltage reading? on the gauge cluster or anywhere for that matter?. Keep in mind that even the farthest reading even measured a 9.7V reading.

Any help/input would be of great value. Thanks.
-Moe

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
I'm no guru, but it sounds like you have a dead cell. Try swapping batteries from somethign else real quick. Or disconnect your battery and measure the voltage without it having anything attached, this will show if something on your truck is shorted or loading it down.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm no guru, but it sounds like you have a dead cell. Try swapping batteries from somethign else real quick. Or disconnect your battery and measure the voltage without it having anything attached, this will show if something on your truck is shorted or loading it down.
Tried with an old lexus battery and a the battery that was on the truck prior to disassembly....

Measure the voltage on the battery with no cables on it.
The voltage on the battery read 9.7V and while the battery pack on it it read 9.7V . Now I'm reading something about Ohm loads,resister,etc... etc...
it now comes to my understanding that I would be able to read a voltage even if the grounds aren't solid...however, somehting about the measuring of ohms??

-Moe

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, but what are the odds of both batteries being dead?!? never had a problem when it was installed in the vehicle (3months old) ACdelco. I could see one but both!?!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess I will just have to settle for the locals that only have the optima red top 34R.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
As a battery loses its charge voltage will drop as well. 9.7 is a VERY dead battery or has a bad cell. Get a real charger not just a booster pack and see what happens. Also this is one of the times an autozone comes in handy to have that battery tested.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a new battery and still Click Click measure the voltage and its at 12V all around so I thnen took out the starter and replaced that... Finally got it to crank over but will not idle properly finally the Engine light comes on and returns with code P0016 :doh::doh: Guess I may have to disassemble!
Problem Solved!
Thanks all for the help.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Battery was shot!
Also took the starter out last night to get it tested as well but she turned over!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts