Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One more question about the LS1 fan upgrade. I was inquiring about a set on Ebay and the guy said that he would NEVER recommend putting electric fans on ANY SUV. I told him this is very common for our application. It did make me wonder if this cools to a good capacity...has anyone had any residual effects from this mod?

PS I must not have cared that much, I just bought a set from a guy on LS1Tech.com. Still curious though.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
One more question about the LS1 fan upgrade. I was inquiring about a set on Ebay and the guy said that he would NEVER recommend putting electric fans on ANY SUV. I told him this is very common for our application. It did make me wonder if this cools to a good capacity...has anyone had any residual effects from this mod?

PS I must not have cared that much, I just bought a set from a guy on LS1Tech.com. Still curious though.
I dont have LS1 fans, but what I have cools great. No issues at all.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they are duals, came off a 99 WS6.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Go out and heat your truck up. Come back and plug in a scanner while its idling. You can actually see the temps falling from the efans. This was a very slow process with the clutch fan. Seems to me they cool better than the stock piece

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine work JUST fine....the only residual effect is more RWHP and better gas mileage.
If those are the only side effects, than I'm going to be one happy camper!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
If those are the only side effects, than I'm going to be one happy camper!

You will be. I have the ADM fan kit and I love it.

It was expensive to do but I am glad I did. The new plug and play kits should be the way to go. I had to cut one wire on mine to make it work. But looks factory.

Havent seen a PCMforless kit yet, but from what I have read they are first rate.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
I haven't had anyone report and cooling problem with the LS1 fans like used in my kit. I believe vectors new kit and TTP kit also uses LS1 fans.

They completely suffecient. I have some really big power camaros and vettes which those fans come in factory and no problem in cooling.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alvin, I should be ready for the tune and efans when you get some more in. Let me know. I think I'll do the loaner program. Shoot me a PM if you don't mind for total cost for tune, efan, and loaner and maybe a time frame when you will have more efan harnesses.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2003 ZO6
7,400 Posts
mine work perfectly especially since i added 160 stat temp never gets over 190 even when its 95 out with heat index of 115.while cruising 180

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Alvin, I should be ready for the tune and efans when you get some more in. Let me know. I think I'll do the loaner program. Shoot me a PM if you don't mind for total cost for tune, efan, and loaner and maybe a time frame when you will have more efan harnesses.
Thanks
You'll be happy with that. Alvin is a great guy to deal with and his fan kit is top notch

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts

Bro don't listen to him as i had a bad experience lately with a guy who did mods on my ss. He told me efans are useless and he works with vettes all dayy long. What you learn in this site will go beyond what you learn from any shop in my eyes. Get the fans you mentioned as many in here have them. I have the GTO efans, but their not plug n play like the one you want.

Its a must to put in your ss if you do modding and also make sure while your at it you get the 160 degree thermostat to cool that 6.0 off a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts