Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a series of unfortunate and very costly setbacks due to unscrupulous customers (no, none here from TBSSOWNERS) and unreliable suppliers, TBMSport will be permanently ceasing production of TBSS valances EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. These headaches, damn DoD/AFM lifters :fist: and 4L60 trans going in my white TB, and commitments to wrapping up my master's degree in Accounting by December have spread my sanity just a weeeee bit too thin. So, the ordeal (and personal financial loss) led me to make the decision this past weekend that I no longer want to deal with the headaches of production and retail of custom parts for the public consumer sector.

Therefore the remaining inventory, the molds for the valances, and a few parts I've collected over the years (including a seized LS2, intake manifold, rear TBSS bumper, 6L80 trans, etc) will be available on ebay and the TBMSport.com site over the next few days for those who are interested.

Thanks for your support and encouragement for all of our products over the years!

:bigarmhug:​

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
1,236 Posts
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,573 Posts
Sorry to hear man but good luck with whatever you do. Working for yourself can be rewarding, but can also be a PITA.

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jesse, but THANK YOU for all you've done for the community. I know you put a lot of effort into the design and quality of the products you put out for us over the years.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Don't let the Bastards keep you down Jesse, you are a motivated and creative individual with an enthusiasm and "can do" spirit not often seen. Hang in there, finish up your degree and we will be looking forward to seeing your next project.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer
1,028 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that Jesse....good luck in your endeavors!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can definatley understand and respect your decision. I can even relate a bit. Good luck with it all.

Just so I understand the valances are done but you will still do the transmission conversion. Or are you out all together?

Part of my interest is in these trucks stems around the 6L90e option.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Erik, you'll also love that I figured out how to do an I6 and I5 swap...from '02 up.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Erik, you'll also love that I figured out how to do an I6 and I5 swap...from '02 up.
With a 6Lx0E?

Or I5/6 -> V8 swap? Ive got that figured out, trying to convince my buddy Craig that he needs to buy a junkyard 5.3 and we'll drop it into his 04 TB.

I imagine it involves using an 08-09 I5/6, gotta love that 58x reluctor and E67 setup! :D

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With a 6Lx0E?

Or I5/6 -> V8 swap? Ive got that figured out, trying to convince my buddy Craig that he needs to buy a junkyard 5.3 and we'll drop it into his 04 TB.

I imagine it involves using an 08-09 I5/6, gotta love that 58x reluctor and E67 setup! :D
Why go 5.3L when his 4.2L truck probably already has 3.73 gears and can push 400 HP with a few mod....not to mention all the room in the world for a turbo! And yes it will involve upgrading to the I6 E67, but he won't have to pull off the front half of the motor. He will want up upgrade the head though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts