Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Got a question here....
I have a set of E-fans with PCM4Less wiring harness. I am going to need a tune to make these work...

Should I get my stock PCM tuned and then just not worry if I bring the truck in for work at the dealer as this will obviously void the warranty.

OR

Should I buy another PCM and get it tuned (performacce tune with the Efan patch), and keep my stock PCM with the stock tune. Only problem with this is if I put the stock PCM back in with the stock tune, I would need to remove the Efans also...which would be a HUGE pain.

SO, would this be a better option. Buy a second PCM and get a performance tune with Efan operation. THEN take my stock tune and just get the Efan added to the tune, will the dealer still see the tune was modded, or will the Efans being installed give it away anyway? Opinions please...What did all you guys do about this? Multiple PCMs? or just fuck the warranty?

:doh:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,028 Posts
If all you were doing was a tune, I would say swap the PCMs when you go to the dealer, but once you start adding things that cant easily be removed its time to just forget the warrenty. Its your choice, make the decision and stick with it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
297 Posts
Same predicament here buddy...haven't decided what to do yet!

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Your in a catch 22.. Option "B" is the best bet for now..

The e-fans can be overiden (toggle) and an intake shouldn't stumble to much on a stock tune..

When you get into heads, cam, etc, your pretty much SOL when it come to swapping modules out since the stock pcm wont work anymore..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
49 Posts
Swapping the fans only takes about 30 minutes, just a PITA to get the fan back onto the threaded shaft. I have PCM for less tuning with efans along with the intake. It's def nice to have the extra set of computers. Took it all off before I went to the dealer. Didn't question a thing, and it's got a new $8k engine...for me having the stock parts saved me at least 3-4 grand if I had to do the engine. With the stock parts they have no reason to bust your [email protected]

Honestly the biggest pain was swapping the intake back to the stock one, it just didn't want to line up right.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm, i have the intake running on the stock tune. the only other thing i was looking to do is the efans. so i was going to get the tune when i do the fans.

i sold the stock intake....:doh:

oh well, looks like i will try to get another stock intake, then hang onto the stock fan and stock tuned PCM.

you think i could bring it in with stock fan, stock tune, and IEATSRT8 intake and not get questioned? or should i look to buy someones stock intake?

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
432 Posts
I have an ieatsrt8 intake and have never gotten questioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts