Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
just bolt ons
TrailblazerSS 2007
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had my efans installed at a local shop in hayward ca real good people i loved the work they also changed my t stat i did a 160 ok now for my problem after evrything was done i left drove around etc i get to a stop and rip on it the truck hits rev limiter and wont shift into second what can it be in normal driving conditions all gears shift in smooth and correctly what do u guys think the problem is

·
just bolt ons
TrailblazerSS 2007
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have all ways played with cars i didnt noe this was a spelling contest or as u would call it a punctuation............

·
just bolt ons
TrailblazerSS 2007
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the fluids in truck are new it has a base tune its not dyno tuned just yet befor the e fans the same tuner did a base tune in it because i deleted the cats and res and went with a magnaflow and the truck ran great can it be that he over lookd some thing in the tune.......

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
New fluid in the trans doesn't mean its the right fluid. Personally have never liked fully syn trans fluid in these trucks tends to lead to slipping.

The fan patch wont cause the truck not to shift that is impossible. None of the mods you listed either will all of a sudden cause the truck not to shift. Either the shift points were changed or the trans is no longer happy with life and just happen to be with doing a modification.

If you have a scan tool of some sort (hpt,dashawk,aeroforce) you can monitor current gear. Now once you are looking at current gear it is very simple to tell if its a mechanical problem or an tune issue. If the truck commands the next gear and it does not shift then its mechanical. If you do not see the gear change on the scan tool then its a tune problem. Depending on the condition of the trans and the tune itself you might see a 50-300rpm delay from command to shift but you should not hit the rev limiter if the tune is correct and the trans is functioning properly

·
just bolt ons
TrailblazerSS 2007
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i talked to the tuner about changeing the shift point basicly telling him to make them better and take the tq management up to 50% can it just be that the shift point for a wide open pass be set to high because the truck all ways shifted fine and still does while driveing normal.....

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
DUDE! You really need to learn how to make a post that isn't one giant run-on sentence...if you want help with your issue, it would be nice if you made it easy to read and follow!

·
just bolt ons
TrailblazerSS 2007
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry dad what ever u say some of u guys on this site kan be some complete dicks..... not every one does shit ur way bro..... im sorry i didnt get good grades in english class but that didnt matter i still have the time and $$$$$ to play around with expensive toys in my line of work grammer spelling and all the gay shit ur worried about doesnt matter i make my first post on this site and it goes like this wow i thought that this site was cool for about a month now a now its not as cool i guess cafords.com is better

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
i talked to the tuner about changeing the shift point basicly telling him to make them better and take the tq management up to 50% can it just be that the shift point for a wide open pass be set to high because the truck all ways shifted fine and still does while driveing normal.....
Remember tunes dont change unless someone changes them. However, parts do wear and fail.

You can set the shift point higher than the rev limiter but that would not be smart obviously. TM might have a little to do with it along with all the other trans settings. The main question is did this happen before the efan patch was done or not? I would question why the shift points were changed when just the efan patch was needed to be done

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
Remember tunes dont change unless someone changes them. However, parts do wear and fail.

You can set the shift point higher than the rev limiter but that would not be smart obviously. TM might have a little to do with it along with all the other trans settings. The main question is did this happen before the efan patch was done or not? I would question why the shift points were changed when just the efan patch was needed to be done
These are good points. Talk to whoever tuned it and have them look over the file for the problem.

·
just bolt ons
TrailblazerSS 2007
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks lt1z and 262 good points.... i will have him look over the file and check it out, i wouldnt think that a fan patch could change any of my shift points but what was weard is all this happend after the fan patch and as soon as i left the shop....

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
thanks lt1z and 262 good points.... i will have him look over the file and check it out, i wouldnt think that a fan patch could change any of my shift points but what was weard is all this happend after the fan patch and as soon as i left the shop....
He may have done more than then fan patch. :dunno:

·
just bolt ons
TrailblazerSS 2007
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
have u heard of newtech............. nick is the tuner/owner real good guy he nows his shit i just neda take it so he kan read the file again i didnt leav the shop on friday till ike 10 at night and he didnt open on sat i was just worried id say. i just hope its not the trans on this thing....... i doubt it

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
sorry dad what ever u say some of u guys on this site kan be some complete dicks..... not every one does shit ur way bro..... im sorry i didnt get good grades in english class but that didnt matter i still have the time and $$$$$ to play around with expensive toys in my line of work grammer spelling and all the gay shit ur worried about doesnt matter i make my first post on this site and it goes like this wow i thought that this site was cool for about a month now a now its not as cool i guess cafords.com is better
So what you are saying is you are a hood rich uneducated gang banger? And since when is it "gay" to be smart enough to use a comma or a period every now and again?

The thing you will learn is, we are cool, our site is awesome! We are all more than happy to help, but you should probably help yourself a little bit by making your first post easy for us to read! Brandon (262) and Matt (LT1Z) got you taken care of with advice, so I really don't need to touch on that. We are the punctuation Nazi's, but if you make the post so hard to simply read through, the chances of you getting a favorable response are lessened!

·
Premium Member
'08 SRX V-6 AWD
2,767 Posts
Word:
Spell check is not only good, but free, too. And Old Dad is right. A period isn't just something you hope you girlfriend will get, but has other uses as well.
:D

·
just bolt ons
TrailblazerSS 2007
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea u guys r cool i guess im not as smart as u r but o well i seem to do fine............
back to my problem my tuner fixed it it was a typo on my truks file he over looked pcm for less fan patch deal o well, it runs good now....

as for evill ss, still rollion and chev man 24 u guys look perty dam hard on the internet i gota give it up too u guys ur worse than my 1 year old.... but i kan understand ur tryna give the new b on this site a hard time, grow up and show some respect all u guys are in different states talk shit to some one close to you. if u guys have something further to say p.m. me and we can talk there or i can give u my number for further talk thanks...

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
The problem would not be with the patch, rather something else he did. I'm glad he got it sorted out for you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts