Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
07 3SS Imperial Blue No Sunroof
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So a few months ago, my radiator blew in quite a spectacular way. I got two brand new radiators from a local Chevy dealer (one at a time of course), both of which were damaged. I figured out that the eFan that the previous owner (who passed, so I cant ask him) had installed, seems to not be working. This would make sense as to why the radiator blew, so at least that answers that.

My problem is that I have no idea where to even start with this. We started up the TBSS with everything plugged in and new radiator installed (prior to finding the crack in it). Once it was running, all seemed fine except the fan was not kicking in. After a few mins of sitting and watching temps, the fuse box area started to smoke. It was the in-line fuse leading from the battery to the eFan. That fuse was fried and looking further down the line, the wires going into the eFans electronics looked burnt as well. We unplugged that and found that the inside of the plug looked rough too.

I will be selling this truck after I fix it, as there is just too many unknowns of what was done to it. It was my girlfriends dad that owned it and we spoke occasionally about what was done but never gave a list or told me everything. I am not looking to put the highest quality parts in it, as I will not be keeping it. My main goal is to get it running well enough to drive normally for the next owner.

Could any identify where this may have come off of or from? If it is better/cheaper to go a different route, I'm all ears. If any of you have a recommendation or advice to get this done I would love to hear it. Please keep in mind that I am in Hawai'i, so shipping is a pain.

I appreciate any and all help, thank you guys.

Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Bicycle

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Fender Synthetic rubber

Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Propeller

Automotive tire Font Road surface Rim Art

Bicycle Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Tire

Hand Wheel Tire Automotive tire Guitar accessory

Font Fashion accessory Metal Bumper Auto part

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Gas Bicycle tire

Font Gas Monochrome photography Monochrome Rectangle

· Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,998 Posts
That is a C6 Corvette fan kit

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pick up a dorman LS1 fan and I’ll sell you a Davies Craig fan controller for $40 and that should get you going for under $200
Thanks,
How would that be connected? I have a basic understanding of how the electronics work but im not so sure how that goes in and such. Is there anything that needs to be modified from what it already has?

· Registered
629 Posts
Thanks,
How would that be connected? I have a basic understanding of how the electronics work but im not so sure how that goes in and such. Is there anything that needs to be modified from what it already has?
LS1 fans are some of the more affordable fans out there. While not 100% drop in it’s about 95% drop in. You need a few scraps of metal stock to make brackets and some misc screws and nuts to physically bolt it all in.

the controller is pretty easy to get in. The hardest wire To figure out is the AC compressor wire, which I took from the fuse box relay. Here is the manual. If you can read a schematic you can do this.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LS1 fans are some of the more affordable fans out there. While not 100% drop in it’s about 95% drop in. You need a few scraps of metal stock to make brackets and some misc screws and nuts to physically bolt it all in.

the controller is pretty easy to get in. The hardest wire To figure out is the AC compressor wire, which I took from the fuse box relay. Here is the manual. If you can read a schematic you can do this.

Thanks Mitch!

· Registered
629 Posts
I just realized the Davies Craig controller I have, still is setup for the ls1 fans with the plugs still on it and I’m pretty sure I left most of all the power and ground too. So it’s pretty plug and play

1 - 10 of 10 Posts