Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for front and back rotors that are like the ebc ultimax...they don't carry any for the tbss...anyone know where I could get something like them??? Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm looking for front and back rotors that are like the ebc ultimax...they don't carry any for the tbss...anyone know where I could get something like them??? Thanks
Here at R1 Concepts, we machine/drill our rotors in La Habra, Ca. We can do any design pattern you like. PM sent.

That pattern, not that I am aware of. One of vendors can sell you some slotted rotors though. R1 Concepts.
Thanks!

·
Thug Esquire
SAAB 9-7x Aero
1,740 Posts
EBC 3GD Rotors are the best stock-size rotors I have seen. I have experience with a few eBay companies, R1 Concepts, various OEM-type brands - ranging to Baer, Wilwood, Brembo, etc.

I do not understand all the hoop-la with R1 Concepts, they aren't that great and rust like crazy. You can ask anyone that has seen my EBC 3GD rotors and they look brand new 10,000 miles after installation. Hell, the R1 Concepts I have experienced look like crap after 1,000 miles.

Trust me here, EBC makes some awesome rotors - spend the little extra coin and get a trusted, quality rotor from EBC.

Any company can purchase blank rotors and drill, slot, and/or dimple - why risk having a vein drilled through or the structural integrity compromised? I would trust a company that controls ALL aspects of the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I apologize if you had a bad experience with R1 products,

Here at R1, We also drill our own rotors. We drill in between each vane structure and utilizing a smaller diameter bit drill. We also counter sunk each hole for orders with drill holes or dimples. We can also do any design you wish, and also can be sold as blanks too. Don't get me wrong, EBC does sell a reputable product too, good product. As for as rust protection goes, the EBC 3GD rotors has a anodized finish which is basically like zinc plating, where the whole rotor gets dipped into the finish to prevent corrosion. Only my Premium series rotors are the ones with a black E-coat rust protection coating only on the center hub, inner vane structure and outer rim of rotor. If looks and rust protection is what we are looking for, my E-line series rotors are also dipped entirely in Zinc plating to prevent rust too. But if EBC is what you are looking for, try looking on Ebay too. They sometimes have sells for you to save some money.

Thanks
Steven

·
Thug Esquire
SAAB 9-7x Aero
1,740 Posts
I apologize if you had a bad experience with R1 products,

Here at R1, We also drill our own rotors. We drill in between each vane structure and utilizing a smaller diameter bit drill. We also counter sunk each hole for orders with drill holes or dimples. We can also do any design you wish, and also can be sold as blanks too. Don't get me wrong, EBC does sell a reputable product too, good product. As for as rust protection goes, the EBC 3GD rotors has a anodized finish which is basically like zinc plating, where the whole rotor gets dipped into the finish to prevent corrosion. Only my Premium series rotors are the ones with a black E-coat rust protection coating only on the center hub, inner vane structure and outer rim of rotor. If looks and rust protection is what we are looking for, my E-line series rotors are also dipped entirely in Zinc plating to prevent rust too. But if EBC is what you are looking for, try looking on Ebay too. They sometimes have sells for you to save some money.

Thanks
Steven
I have seen your 'Premium' rotors rust - it is very well known around the forum.

Does R1 Concepts produce its own rotors or are those sourced out? There is a difference between a rotor that is produced to be slotted/dimpled/drilled and a rotor that is blank and then randomly/'custom designed by the customer' drilled/slotted/dimpled.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have seen your 'Premium' rotors rust - it is very well known around the forum.

Does R1 Concepts produce its own rotors or are those sourced out? There is a difference between a rotor that is produced to be slotted/dimpled/drilled and a rotor that is blank and then randomly/'custom designed by the customer' drilled/slotted/dimpled.
We have our own CNC machines to machine the rotor for drill/slots/dimple, whatever design you want. We do not source out to a different company for the machining process, this is why I am able to tell you that I can drill in any pattern you wish (however, we do still have to follow standard safety procedures of what we can and cannot do), I can even put your name on the rotors if you like for custom drilling (show cars) :biggrin2:. Yes, the rotors are blanks and then we drill them out, just like EBC, Brembo, Stoptech, Stillen, Rotora, Willwood, Hawk, Powerslot, and so on. However, I do believe the Big Brake Kits on the Stoptechs and Brembos (not their stock diameter size rotors) are the ones that are "cast" with drilled holes.

·
Thug Esquire
SAAB 9-7x Aero
1,740 Posts
We have our own CNC machines to machine the rotor for drill/slots/dimple, whatever design you want. We do not source out to a different company for the machining process, this is why I am able to tell you that I can drill in any pattern you wish (however, we do still have to follow standard safety procedures of what we can and cannot do), I can even put your name on the rotors if you like for custom drilling (show cars) :biggrin2:. Yes, the rotors are blanks and then we drill them out, just like EBC, Brembo, Stoptech, Stillen, Rotora, Willwood, Hawk, Powerslot, and so on. However, I do believe the Big Brake Kits on the Stoptechs and Brembos (not their stock diameter size rotors) are the ones that are "cast" with drilled holes.
Okay, so R1 Concepts Rotors are not manufactured by R1 Concepts.

EBC produces their own rotors with their own drilling/dimpling/slotting in mind.

There is a pretty large difference between the two processes - one has a SINGLE and PROPRIETARY design in mind when cast and the other is simply a 'one-size-fits-all' approach.

No worries, the final answer is in the product and EBC produces a much better product.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Okay, so R1 Concepts Rotors are not manufactured by R1 Concepts.

EBC produces their own rotors with their own drilling/dimpling/slotting in mind.

There is a pretty large difference between the two processes - one has a SINGLE and PROPRIETARY design in mind when cast and the other is simply a 'one-size-fits-all' approach.

No worries, the final answer is in the product and EBC produces a much better product.
Just trying to provide you with information... that is all buddy,

We have our own manufacturing company to produce these blank rotors for us and we personally own CNC machines to do our own specific design for drilling/slotting and dimpling. Just like EBC, they have there own manufacturing companies who supply them these rotors(and maybe this manufacturer only provides for EBC, who knows). I am pretty sure they also have there own CNC machines to do their specific drilling in mind.

Like me, EBC does not pre-cast their rotors with drilled and slots, or slots from the iron mold itself. The machining (drill and slotted, etc.) is done after the casting.

Not exactly, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you had good experience with EBC, go with it, that is great to hear that everything worked out for you, outburst! Like I said, they are a reputable company.

·
Thug Esquire
SAAB 9-7x Aero
1,740 Posts
From EBC's website:
EBC manufacture many of its rotors in either its own sister company foundry in the UK or in Italy, all rotors are machined and finished in the UK and in the USA. Where castings or finished rotors have to bought in to complement the range, the strictest quality controls you can imagine ensure the safety and quality of the parts we sell. EBC adds VALUE to its products by strictest quality controls and specifications and a 100% run out and dimensional check, plus ALL USA sport rotors are slotted at the Los Angeles facility of the USA operation. In times when everyone has run off to the Far East and many rotor suppliers are nothing more than brokerage houses , EBC has done its part in every way possible to maintain UK , European and in particular US jobs. We employ 14 people in our USA rotor machining facility alone.
Read a little bit - it might help.

·
Registered
748 Posts
From EBC's website:

Don't talk about a company you know nothing about.
I believe there has been a misunderstanding between us and what we are talking about (I am talking about the process of machining as in drilling and slotted and dimple, etc). Not once did I talk bad about EBC, all I have said about EBC was in mutual respect, and they are a reputable company. I work in this brake rotor industry and I know what goes on behind what is said and what is heard. I am here on this forum as a SUPPORTING VENDOR. I am here to provide you with real information (without getting myself, or my company in trouble), and also to provide you with my product if ask for.

Honestly, I could of told you different, but that is not my intentions to do so. If you believe that I know nothing about my OWN industry that I work in and have no clue of EBC and who they are... I will stop here.

I apologize to all, if I have offended anyone. That was not my intentions to do so. I will now stop posting on this thread, carry on.

·
Thug Esquire
SAAB 9-7x Aero
1,740 Posts
I believe there has been a misunderstanding between us and what we are talking about (I am talking about the process of machining as in drilling and slotted and dimple, etc). Not once did I talk bad about EBC, all I have said about EBC was in mutual respect, and they are a reputable company. I work in this brake rotor industry and I know what goes on behind what is said and what is heard. I am here on this forum as a SUPPORTING VENDOR. I am here to provide you with real information (without getting myself, or my company in trouble), and also to provide you with my product if ask for.

Honestly, I could of told you different, but that is not my intentions to do so. If you believe that I know nothing about my OWN industry that I work in and have no clue of EBC and who they are... I will stop here.

I apologize to all, if I have offended anyone. That was not my intentions to do so. I will now stop posting on this thread, carry on.
You said that EBC purchases its rotors from another company which I have proven that it does not. You tried to show that EBC and R1 Concepts are the same (business aspect/transaction-wise) when it comes to the origins of the blanks - the two are different. EBC is all in-house manufacturing from casting to machining. R1 Concepts is not all in-house because it purchases its rotor blanks from another company which I am more-than-positive it sells to other companies. I have been trying to illustrate the difference between the two companies, EBC and R1 Concepts and why EBC produces a better rotor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts