Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered these, for $109 and shipping. Box came....huge and perfectly packaged. Was going to send them to Anthony to have them tinted, but wanted to see them on the truck first......so I installed them. Look good.

Went to work at 2.....went to break at 7......and whaddaya know, one of them is aimed AT the ground. So I got a socket set, and went out to adjust it.....NOPE.

Damn thing is broken. The little white inverted torx thing just spins.....doesn't adjust the light a bit.

WTF?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
cheap ebay shit prob made in china. better hope hes got a return policy:dunno:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I just got a set and took them apart for my retrofit, quality is good on the inside, sealed up nice. Try using a 10mm socket right under the torx piece, that's what it turns, mine works fine, I had to turn that all the way down to remove the reflector.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
mine are cool sorry you got screwed.:dunno:

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got a set and took them apart for my retrofit, quality is good on the inside, sealed up nice. Try using a 10mm socket right under the torx piece, that's what it turns, mine works fine, I had to turn that all the way down to remove the reflector.
Explain this please. 10mm where? UNDER the white torx thing? How u get white thing off?

eBay guy responded wants me to ship them back but I'm not gonna be without them for over a week. Only way I'll send em back is if I can't fix it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Explain this please. 10mm where? UNDER the white torx thing? How u get white thing off?

eBay guy responded wants me to ship them back but I'm not gonna be without them for over a week. Only way I'll send em back is if I can't fix it.
Look at the piece the white torx thing turns, it's 90 degrees from the torx head on the back of the light. On the off chance something is fubared with the torx piece or the gears are chewed, you can adjust it, there's a hex head on the back of the light. The bolt is a few inches long and has fine threads so try turning it some more.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet. That worked. 22 degrees outside and I'm adjusting lights in the parking lot at work....but I got it.

Thanks guys!

There was a spot on the black piece with no teeth on the gear....imagine that. And it came adjusted all the way down.....oh well

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Cool glad it worked. The plastic adjusters look kinda cheap but I have a hunch it's no crappier than stock. I didn't even try using the torx part since I was taking them apart and not adjusting.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS AWD
132 Posts
Hey Buddy where do you work? Ive seen a couple of SS's around the area. I work on the Naval Weapons Station

·
Registered
'06 TBSS AWD
132 Posts
Oh, glad to hear the headlights worked out. I bought the same ones but had no issues.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I work at Boeing by the airport. Live in Summerville.

And surprisingly, now that I finally found and bought my SS, I see them everywhere now. Some guy even has black wheels lowered like me. WTF?

Oh well.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS AWD
132 Posts
I lived in Summerville for a couple of years. I saw a black TBSS with black wheels sitting at Trident Tech. I wonder if he's a member on here?

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's not an SS. It's an LT with SS wheels lowered. Someone from work saw it there and knew I was at work and sent me pics.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
169 Posts
I work at Boeing by the airport. Live in Summerville.

And surprisingly, now that I finally found and bought my SS, I see them everywhere now. Some guy even has black wheels lowered like me. WTF?

Oh well.
I was going to do black on mine too, but saw I'm guessing yours and another one in the sville area. Guess I'll just be lowering mine.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Good to see you guys from SC with the TBSS's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts