Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
Could work, but you'll need a consistent source unless you feel like getting it retuned all the time. Installing a flex fuel sensor is and having it tuned for that is the way to go.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
466 Posts
Could work, but you'll need a consistent source unless you feel like getting it retuned all the time. Installing a flex fuel sensor is and having it tuned for that is the way to go.

So a flex fuel sensor, bigger injectors and tune are all that are needed on a bolt on truck?

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
So on a stock bolt on truck all that needs to be done is 42lb injectors and a tune?

No. The stock pump is not enough, nor are those injectors. Like Mike said the flex fuel sensor allows the tune to adjust on the fly based on alcohol %. I run FIC E85 57# injectors, sensor, Walbro 450 in mine.

Contact LT1Z and he can set you up with the sensor, harness, and injectors. The pump can be had on Amazon for $120

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
So a flex fuel sensor, bigger injectors and tune are all that are needed on a bolt on truck?
An upgraded fuel pump specifically for use with ethanol along with all that would be the safest course.

Reactions: Jake747

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Think about future mods carefully when buying injectors. If ykur going FI in the future, you need to go much bigger. (You didnt list ur mods or future goals / planned upgrades). EX: FIC1000 are small on E85 at 15psi.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I was reviewing this last night with Brandon. I dont think you have to have a flexfuel sensor with e67 ecm's. You can use the 'virtual' tuning feature in HP Tuners to measure the alcohol rating. It does this by using the fuel evap purge solenoid. Kinda weird but the newer flexfuel vehicles dont use a sensor, they do the flexfuel this way instead. I deleted the evap stuff so I had to add a sensor. I could be slightly off but that's what he determined last night. There is a tab in HP Tuners that will allow you to select the 'virtual' tuning option... 06 ecm's dont offer this option.

If you swap to an e85 walbro 450 pump, keep in mind that you also need to upgrade the electrical going to the pump because the stock power wire is too small and it will burn the wire up.

I have 2 450 pumps. I ran an 8g wire from the battery to a junction stud. Each pump is ran off of a fused 40 amp relay with 12g wires feeding the pumps with power.

Older picture but this is just for the pumps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts