Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up fellas...I had a quick question about e-fans! I have had these fans sitting boxed up in my garage since I left for Iraq. I was going to install them in my 06 TBSS but just sold that yesterday. I now have an 07 TBSS and was wondering if the fan patch by PCMforless will void my 5/100K powertrain warranty. I wanna put these fans in, but not sure if they will kill my warranty because of a small ecm patch...anyone have any info on this??? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Well it's not a "patch" it's a full tune, regardless if you do a write entire or write calibration you change the CVN number or something like that.

Anyhow, put the efan's in and rock on, get a tune, and enjoy the damn truck!

Welcome back.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....but just making sure that if something happened with my powertrain they won't look at the efans and void everthing. Don't they have to prove that the modification was directly related to the powertrain failure? Thanks for the welcome back...glad to not hear any mortars dropping around me anymore!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
The PCM needs to be modified to add the fans therefore they can say the values were changed causing whatever else to fail.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...I see...well they sound tempting to just put in so I think I am going to do it!!!!

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
efans, intake, tune, stall, trans cooler = perfect combo for most enthusiasts

Want to go further, add cam (and pushrods/springs etc), headers, catback, and a better tune :)

·
Senior Towmaster
2007 TrailblazerSS
3,029 Posts
They make a black box to eliminate the SES light and then you can run your efans off a dedicated controller. All without touching the *garbage* factory tune.

Take a little risk with a $2500 transmission that really needs to be built or a 4L80E...
Take a big risk with a guessing ~$12000.00 engine known to have a bad oiling setup and puking the #6 rod bearing.
Take another risk with the known incorrect factory oil fill in the rear end. Odds are your rear end has had the posi unit replaced and once may not do it until the correct oil is used. Cheaper to rebuild than the other two items.

There are some upgrades to the engine oiling system out there...

You want to look stock down to the factory air filter. Towing to the nearest GM dealer under warranty is impossible if you have to remove the e-fans first.

So now you have some hard hitting numbers to determine the possible value of your warranty IF GM stays in business. Take a 1/4 track ride, just one ride, in a tuned TBSS sucking the doors off a supercharged Mustang GT and well.... happy modding. :D

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts