Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2SS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scary how lean it was at around 4k rpm where it picked up a whopping 62 ftlbs of torque, huge SOTP difference! It ran a [email protected] in 900ft DA untuned so hoping with the the increased power and faster shift speed it should be ~.3/3mph faster. Will have to wait for cooler weather to find out, only problem is I'll probably be swapping to 3.42 gears before then so it'll probably be a wash. Eventually I plan on putting my sleeper cam and headers on it to see if it'll break 400 and run 12s.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
nice little tune......:popcorn3:

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Sorry, I looked at the air temps and humidity....Ouch!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
The 3.43 IMO will Hurt your times. I like the numbers you put down!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
^^^agree^^^ granted that the headers alone will give you probably 23-30 rwhp and depending on the cam you will see significant gains it will almost like taking two step forward then one step back but good luck!

·
Registered
2007 2SS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, graph is SAE smoothing 1. The 60' I'm sure will suffer, but I think it actually might be a wash in 1/4 ET as I'll be right at the top of 2nd with the 3.42s, so I'll only be making 1 shift instead of 2.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Hey Chris, come out to Dallas raceway in Crandall this Friday night... Pm me for details. Nice numbers!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Nice numbers keep the 4:10's!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Thanks, graph is SAE smoothing 1. The 60' I'm sure will suffer, but I think it actually might be a wash in 1/4 ET as I'll be right at the top of 2nd with the 3.42s, so I'll only be making 1 shift instead of 2.
It doesn't really work like that. Your engine with 3.42 gears is not reving as fast as it would with 4.10s out back. It will take you longer to reach your power band
Case in point are the guys running 4.56 are even quicker in the 1/4 with stock tire height.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
Who and where is SNL?

·
Registered
2007 2SS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It doesn't really work like that. Your engine with 3.42 gears is not reving as fast as it would with 4.10s out back. It will take you longer to reach your power band
Case in point are the guys running 4.56 are even quicker in the 1/4 with stock tire height.
Actually it does and I've got proof with my 10 second vette that I've swapped from 3.42 to 4.10s. The reason why 4.56s are faster is because you don't make any extra shifts with them than the 4.10s, cancelling out the gains from torque multiplication.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Actually it does and I've got proof with my 10 second vette that I've swapped from 3.42 to 4.10s. The reason why 4.56s are faster is because you don't make any extra shifts with them than the 4.10s, cancelling out the gains from torque multiplication.
Your talking about a car that's 1700lbs lighter going to 3.42. There are guys on here who have done the 3.42 swap and their TBSS is a TURD off the line now. You would be playing catchup the whole way down the track in a 5,000lb brick with horrible drag and weight.

·
Registered
2007 2SS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your talking about a car that's 1700lbs lighter going to 3.42. There are guys on here who have done the 3.42 swap and their TBSS is a TURD off the line now. You would be playing catchup the whole way down the track in a 5,000lb brick with horrible drag and weight.
1590 lbs to be exact:biggrin2: I hear what you're saying, but I have not found any concrete evidence to prove me other wise. A shift takes ~.3 of a second, I've hopefully picked up that much in a tune from power and the quicker shift speed and longer shift extension counters the slower 60'. It's a theory at this point and I know the thing will be slower with 3.42 gears than 4.10s, but I didn't get it to drag race;)

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
1590 lbs to be exact:biggrin2: I hear what you're saying, but I have not found any concrete evidence to prove me other wise. A shift takes ~.3 of a second, I've hopefully picked up that much in a tune from power and the quicker shift speed and longer shift extension counters the slower 60'. It's a theory at this point and I know the thing will be slower with 3.42 gears than 4.10s, but I didn't get it to drag race;)
I would not go 3.42. Try 3.73 if you must

·
Registered
2007 2SS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
or save the fricken 2000$ for the gear swap and itll pay for a frickin cam with cam kit and to have it installed!
Gears cost $230, not $2000. Granted I will have to run through a few tanks to pay for them, but I will be able to bury the speedo instead of just kissing 140...headers will go on to help make up any lowend loss. Right now it fish tails around every corner in first even with over size tires, in 100* heat with the a/c on. Heck I've had it step out at 60mph in 2nd on a sweeper, handles well for a 2.5 ton SUV!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts