Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know were i could get the ud pulley kit and the efan kit for a good price i live in oklahoma so if there is anywhere here that anyone knows of please me know im in the military so dont have time really go out of state or anywhere far thanks i would appreciate the help alot

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
yea there was a post on this last week. LS1 fans for $115 shipped on Amazon. Not sure on UDP

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

ok thanks and do u know how i would hook them up as in what else would i need to make it work?

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Do you want an variable speed e-fan or an on/off efan?

If variable, get the C6 e-fan.

If on/off, get the LS1 e-fan.

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
Go with the LS1 fans!

Myself and almost everyone I talked to, that have the C6 fans, complain about them turning off unexpectedly due to voltage fluctuations. Since I upgraded to the "BIG 3" grounding kit, I have had no problem with my C6 efans. Alvin even recommends the LS1 in his write-up.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
efans

im not sure john i would like to not have to send anything off is there anyway to do it with out the tune cause i dont really have time to that this is my only vehicle now im new to all of this so i dont mean to bug everyone iv always drove diesels and were can i get ud pulley and which is the best? THANKS EVERYONE

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
The tune is a must be cause the ECM is going to see that you have changed from mechanical to electrical, both are attached to the ECM.

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
A tune is not required for an U/D pulley.

It is required for the Efans to make them work

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
I have a C6 fan with control module and brackets available. You would need a patch, and wire it up.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks guys and how much would it cost to do the tune and how do i do it? i live in oklahoma does anyone know of anyone that does it around here

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
364 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
I love getting those goodies :)

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Hey Josh,

Mine is a daily driver and can't afford to have it out of service for some stupid shit I did. I research alot about the mods to know the ups and downs of it. If you are like me, you want the most HP/TQ in the less amount of dollars. Along with the flexibility to change it in the future if needed or as more mods are added.

The best bang for you buck is to tune it. There are mail tunes available and Alvin (PCMforless) is one of the best in my book due to their high level of service and support. If you want to do it yourself and save money over the long run, then go with a purchase of HPtuners.com software. I'll be willing to give you tunes I have collected over the years. I have BBA tune for 2006 and 2007. I'm currently running 2007 BBA tune version 3 with fan patch. Its easy as pie to install. The members here are friendly and very helpful as you mod your TBSS.

I recommend that you start with:

1. Tune
2. CAI
3. e-Fan

This will give the best bang for your bucks. Here is a link to my install for the C6 e-fan.

Tons of info on this board about the above mods. Good luck with your research and happy modding.

:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
When u get a mail order tune and add another mod can you get a freeupdate? I heard vector does this but can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Another good mod is trans cooler and Vette servo, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok thanks guys im goin to check them out and if i get that efan tune will i still beable to run my superchip programmer still??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts