Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone suggested I get an E-Fan and Electric Water Pump, how are they as far as cost and performance?

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone offer any insight???

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Dont know about the electric water pump but the efans are the first thing i do to anything i own. Your A/C runs colder in stop and go traffic, less drag on your motor free's up some ponies. Looks alot neater under the hood.

·
Registered
TBLT
173 Posts
Dont know about the electric water pump but the efans are the first thing i do to anything i own. Your A/C runs colder in stop and go traffic, less drag on your motor free's up some ponies. Looks alot neater under the hood.
yup the less parasitic loss the better, youll probably be able to pull another 10-15hp if you replace the water pump with an electric one, Meziere makes a few different variations of electric water pumps for LS motors with different flow rates, but you will be spending over $400 for the base model i know that much. you might want to make sure to upgrade your ground and power wires with some heavier duty ones because they do tend to draw some power especially when coupled with e-fans.

·
The Realest
TrailblazerSS
434 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks much, is there alot involved in self installation?

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Nope there is a how to somewhere in here for the fans. It took me all of 2 hr but I'm hurt and had my 5 year old son helping me. So it would probably take about an hour. Very simple and straight forward.
Go to PCMforless.com and you can get the whole kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
The problem with electric water pumps is, not a single one has the inlet and outlet locations to match our specific water pump, so you will be stuck sourcing custom radiator hoses, custom tensioner systems and a different sized belt...plus there really is not huge gain for 99.9% of all trucks out there...

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem with electric water pumps is, not a single one has the inlet and outlet locations to match our specific water pump, so you will be stuck sourcing custom radiator hoses, custom tensioner systems and a different sized belt...plus there really is not huge gain for 99.9% of all trucks out there...
What did you do or what would you recommend, Steve?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
717 Posts
Has anyone attempted to make a gear that would screw on the the threads where the fan once used? If you drill a hole through it like a tie-rod has with red thread-loc I dont think it would loosen up. From there you can buy one of those generic water pumps and use the same type of water pump gear n bolt to the electric motor with some sort of tensioner. Prob spend 150 bucks for everything

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Put a set of LS1 or if you are really concerned SPAL fans from Alvin (PCM4less) and call it good. Don't forget to get 160* t-stat too.

A Meziere pump would honestly be a waste of several hundred dollars and time, it's just not needed on a stock vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts