Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I guess I'll start a thread. Recently put the turd back in the garage to start changing things.

After lots of reading, research and advice I decided on a s400 85/96 t6 Borg Warner turbo. Big thanks to John Bewley for helping me out and supplying the turbo and accessories. For those that don't know much about my tbss I have a ls3 block 418ci stroker with trickflow heads and Holley Hiram intake. I think I have decided in the process to convert the truck to 2wd since Kyle has went through so many built transmissions, I don't really feel like blowing my level 6 rpm apart lol. My goal hp is probably around 1,000whp. Mainly I just was ready for it to be faster. I think this should do the trick. I would love it to see 9s but we will see. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I decided to make a thread mainly for a few reasons. To keep track of my build, get help and advice from other people as I'm moving along, and have the info laid out to help others in the future. It will be a slow build as I'm buying parts as the funds come in.

Well enough with the boring stuff. Here are some pics to start out. Trucks compression as of now is 11.6:1. Obviously that needs to come down so out comes the engine and to my engine builder for a new cam and different Pistons. Engine internals are forged Callie's compstar crank and beam rods.

Well first picture of the thread might as well be a good one. The rest will be boring pics inside the shop.

Getting one last look before pulling it in and tearing it apart.

My 2 year old son helping me get it loaded to go to the engine builder

Finally at the machine shop. Now I sit and wait till its done

And of course what would this thread be without a teaser pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Dat blank valance tho... lol

Excited to see this Dustin.

Reactions: Dustin.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
First off, agree one of the nicest SS's on the sight (attention to detail).

A couple suggestions/advice:

* If converting to RWD buy the Moroso pan, best pan hands down.
* Sell the Level 6 and get yourself an 80 w/LC32 kit, it will not live above 800whp and surely not 1000whp.

You doing a Front mount or Mid mount?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
First off, agree one of the nicest SS's on the sight (attention to detail).

A couple suggestions/advice:

* If converting to RWD buy the Moroso pan, best pan hands down.

* Sell the Level 6 and get yourself an 80 w/LC32 kit, it will not live above 800whp and surely not 1000whp.

You doing a Front mount or Mid mount?
front mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 161 Posts