Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've never been to the track but I want to go and Joe suggested meeting up at the one in MD and I've got some dumb rookie ?s.

I've got a TOTALLY STOCK 06' AWD TBSS.

First. what the hell do I do?! lol. I've heard keep it in D, I've also heard put it in 3rd...etc...

Second. Am I gonna f' up my transmission?? Cuz I can't afford to have a blown engine. This is my only vehicle and I'm broke.

Third. HELP!

Thank you...! :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Ok, so I've never been to the track but I want to go and Joe suggested meeting up at the one in MD and I've got some dumb rookie ?s.

First. what the hell do I do?! lol. I've heard keep it in D, I've also heard put it in 3rd...etc...

Second. Am I gonna f' up my transmission?? Cuz I can't afford to have a blown engine. This is my only vehicle and I'm broke.

Third. HELP!

Keep it in 3rd.

Well like anything else, if you cant afford to be without it or fix it, then dont race it.

If its stock, I would think warranty would cover you though?

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts

Third. HELP!

Drive around the water.

traction control off, Stabilitrac off...

there are many ways guys have launched....some have tried putting it in third and brake torque up to ~1800. Some have said putting it in second and manually shifting to third helps since the trans will kick down to 1st even though you are starting in second. Others say that manually shifting from 1st is the best. You aren't going to hurt your trans manually shifting it....its an auto....it doesn't really care what you do. There is the chance that it will just break because our trans' are made out of paper mache and tooth picks but it won't be because you were manually shifting it.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Sassa don't listen to these RACERS on here. Theres no reason for you to go out on a track and prove anything to anyone. You have a stock SS and your enjoying it which in itself is very important.
When your low on cash and you start messing around than thats when you will regret doing stupid chit! Go out like you do now in SS and drive in style.

Joe jus wants to meet u to bang you anyhow, lol He could care less what your SS #'s are, haha.

Seriously though keep it off the track b4 you end up like Prostock with a blown ls2!.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be fun and I want to do it, but maybe I'll wait till I've got extra cash around. I know, the more I think about it, with my luck I'll end up with a blown engine. Maybe I won't race it. I could always just sit back and watch other people race! haha:drive1:

Of course Joe wants to bang me! Who wouldn't want to?! lol

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
It would be fun and I want to do it, but maybe I'll wait till I've got extra cash around. I know, the more I think about it, with my luck I'll end up with a blown engine. Maybe I won't race it. I could always just sit back and watch other people race! haha:drive1:

Of course Joe wants to bang me! Who wouldn't want to?! lol
Sass what is the worst that could happen if you blow it up? No mods, bone stock, why wouldnt warranty cover it?

This is not Grandmas grocery getting. It was LITERALLY built for speed.

Racing it is o different than getting on the interstate... For me anyway.

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:popcom: haha...wow.

awww JJ, you're earning sugar daddy points! lol

hmmm....the jury is still out though.

·
CAMMED AND SLAMMED
06 TBSS
2,524 Posts
I agree in sitting out in some aspects but I got a stock time in mine the week i picked it up...All my friends with their srt8's and shit are like clint bring that piece back to the track...
IF you get a base run their is really no point in going back if your going to stay stock for a while.
Its all up to what you want to do...YOu do have warranty and as long as you dont dog the shit out of it your fine.

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
2,157 Posts
just take it to the track, see what it feels like, ull get nervous sitting there waiting for the green to go, i know i do... the anticipation of seeing the other car in ur mirror,lol.

·
Registered
998 Posts
not to piss in your cheerios, but if you go the track and your drivetrain heads south the dealer isn't going to be very happy with you. and i've also heard that insurance won't cover your vehicle if you wreck it on the track. :dunno:

that's IF they find out. there are ways around it. either way, good luck with it

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Just go. Its not going to break, you aren't going to blow up a stock engine. The tranny will be fine, just make sure you let the truck cool off a bit with the hood open so you can get the best times. Have fun, dont worry about anyone else and more importantly....everyone was a newb their first time at the track. Shaking at the light...having the crew yell at you because you dont know where you are going. Just take it slow, and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
2006 Trailblazer SS
1,423 Posts
yeah... me was talkin to me on yahoo im yesterday, he told me not to do a certian something to you or hed hurt me... but i think we should totally do it... and take pictures !!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah... me was talkin to me on yahoo im yesterday, he told me not to do a certian something to you or hed hurt me... but i think we should totally do it... and take pictures !!! ;)
yeah, I thought he might do that.

lol...now there's a thought...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts