Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Looks great.

Now, the (possible bad news) issues you may see is that the fuel will actually go up the electrical wires....so be on the look out for leaks.

After researching as much as I did for all the DIY stuff, fuel actually get's pushed up the wires in between the copper and insulation. This turned me off to the whole DIY goop setup.

Do you plan on drilling the bucket or anything?

-Mike

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got two harness.... I drilled two holes and put a rubber grommet in it.... Ran the harness through the grommet and sealed it with the goop stuff... I think it should seal pretty good

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Looks good Chris, If this Crandall meet is on the weekend of the 13th, theres no way I can make it... My truck is about to go under the knife for some pretty elaborate upgrades.... No more 12s for me when Im done....

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
I got two harness.... I drilled two holes and put a rubber grommet in it.... Ran the harness through the grommet and sealed it with the goop stuff... I think it should seal pretty good
Yeah what I'm talking about is each red/black wire is more or less a pipe that leads from your walbro clip harness to the outside....Just keep an eye on it is all. Everything looks great.

The 3-way manifold part number (one of them) is 3406 from AMFLO if people want to search online and not pick up the 'depot Husky version. (mcmaster also carries a 3-way manifold too)

You are using the fuel injection hose that is submersible, right? Your hose barbs on the manifold look like 3/8", are they 5/16"?

Shameless plug, but we stock all walbro parts, harnesses, if anyone wants LEGIT walbros we have them!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm using 10r30 3/8" line.. Still can't get over the 21 dollar a foot... I use walbro 341...

Tim that sucks u want be there.... I'm upgrading fuel system also to support me when I get a cam... I'm gonna see how much power I can het from this p1sc

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ssduff you should do something like this or at least replace the stock one with a walbro 255

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Ssduff you should do something like this or at least replace the stock one with a walbro 255
I am using the Walbro 255 but inline. Its on a different relay but powers up on ignition also. That is something I'm going to do for sure because I don't know what this stock one can handle.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
All I'm doing right now is trying to preventing starvation at top end. But I'm going to pick up another Walbro over the weekend and stick that where the stock pump is.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Sweet, good job! I did the same thing on my firebird and it should cover 800-900rwhp pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the tip on the air fitting... I saw it other in a other thread... Finished my intake... Turned out pretty good I think... Just need to powdercoat the rail candy red...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
damn chris--read my mind!

Will the one side clear the alternator?

Also LOVE where you put the electric gauge sender and the FPR!!! WOW great job!!!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn it... It won't clear the alt... Easy fix... Looks like I need to make a call to summit...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts