Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my CEL has been coming on every other day or so, and its had the above codes come up! i just had a magnaflow catted y pipe installed along with an xr-1 muffler! My CEL didnt come on with my factory muffler and res, it started coming on after my muffler was installed! if anyone has any suggestions why this code keeps coming on, or a fix for it please lemme know!

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
I have the same codes, after LT's and hi-flow catted Y. the 1153 is bank 2 sensor 1 insufficient switching, so the 02 is slow or acting retarded when sending the signal back to computer after it sends a query.

The 1133 is Bank 1 sensor 1. Basically other side of vehicle front 02's which are the heated ones. There is a huge,huge thread and years old over on LS1tech in regards to this, I dont think there really has been a solid, answer to this except just gotta keep swapping out 02's until you find the right set that sets down far enough in to the exhaust stream to remain hot enough and gather enough exhaust to get a solid reading.

I've kinda ran out of time between twins and deployments to chase this down and my SS has been a garage queen for the most part. After I get back I'll start throwing sensors at it starting with the dealerships 02's before I go to a parts store.

Just know it's not your muffler, it's upstream of that.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok! cause i replaced one upstream o2 and the other is a factory! so ill just get another upstream the same brand as the other and try that! thanks!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
535 Posts
Should of just went with a catless y-pipe and been done with it :boff:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 3SS
789 Posts
So which sensor is it for code P1153?
I'm waiting to send my pcm off to turn off the rear O2 sensors since I now have no cats.. I of course have the codes hitting for no cats... but just threw this code today

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.