Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got caught in a flash flood the other day where I drove in water up to the bottom of the doors. To make matters worse I had to sit in it at a red light for several minutes.
Immediately after that, it started to idle ruff at the stop lights.
It threw code P0174.
I figured something got wet and needed to dry out. Two days later still same problem.
I'm going to clean the maf, air filter and check for intake and exhaust leaks today, but since it was right after the water don't think it's any of them.
Is the rear 02 sensor the same as from an LS1?
I have a couple I may just try to swap it out.

Anyone with more knowledge of the P0174 want to chime in?

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the ones I have came out of a 2003 express van Lq4 motor.
Not even sure it the connector is the same.

Part number AC AFS 97.
The end is a black with blue trim 4-pin female connector.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Waiting on the rain to stop to go check it out, but I did pull 2 codes

P0174 fuel trim lean bank1

P2119 Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well damn.
I thought I had this fixed.
Found a half cut wire on the passenger o2 sensor.
Replaced the sensor and the truck ran fine for a couple of weeks.

Brought it in for an alignment today.
When I got it back the cel is back on and the truck is idling rough.
Pulled the code and its the P0174 again.

This time I cleaned the maf sensor, cleaned the throttle body, took the new o2 back out and cleaned it.
Put it all back together and it seems of for now.

What else would throw the P0174 lean bank 2 code?

The two week old 02 was solid black.

Could a bad injector on that side screw up the 02 sensor?

Truck has 68k on it.

Anyone?

I could get a few scans but I wouldn't know what I was looking at if I did...

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
Vacuum leak... Evap system leak... open gas cap / bad gas cap... maxed out fuel trims.... Bad gas... tune not updated for latest bolt on...

I think these are just a few of the possibilities... :dunno:

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vacuum leak... Evap system leak... open gas cap / bad gas cap... maxed out fuel trims.... Bad gas... tune not updated for latest bolt on...

I think these are just a few of the possibilities...
David thanks for the suggestions, but wouldn't most of those throw cel for both 02 sensors not just one side?

I have cleaned the maf, replaced the passenger side 02 sensor, cleaned the throttle body, replaced the spark plugs.

FYI The passenger side plugs all four were solid black as was the passenger 02 sensor. The driver side looked perfect.

Going to make a few logs with EFILive to see if something jumps out.

Anyone with a suggestion please jump in.

Codes that it has thrown are:
P0174 lean bank2 (I get this one within 20 minutes of driving)
P0300 random misfire (got this one this morning before new plugs first time seeing it)
P0151 02 voltage remained low for longer than 2 minutes (got this one after cleaning the 02 with some gas. I cleared it and it didn't come back so far)

After the new plugs went for a short ride. No code thrown but sitting at a red light you can tell it's not right.

Still seems to have a miss and I'm sure as soon as the 02 and the plugs get caked up I'll be right back again throwing codes.

When it starts missing/idling ruff the gas smell will knock you down inside the truck and outside.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also I don't believe the flooded street had anything to do with it. Maybe just a coincidence that it started happening right after. Ran good for two weeks after the 02 swap and started running bad again after I had an alignment done.
Two payments left and it's paid off.
Figures it would start falling apart now.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
340 Posts
i did the exact same thing, ran through deep water the truck died then ran like crap misfiring bad at idle ,turned out to be the o2 sensor on bank 1. you say you cleaned the o2 sensor i`m not sure you can actually clean them, how did you clean it?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
I get just P0174 by itself every once and a while.... But I'm running a ported Intake without a tune update... P0300 could be quite be any number of other things... The running rough could be the throttle body... Maybe take it off clean it too... Also disconnect your battery first, your idle maybe rough after cleaning it, may take a few says for the ECM to relearn / compensate... (just things I've read on here)...

Just a thought, since all the plugs were black on one side only... maybe a bad injector??? just a guess...

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eddie my original fix was a new 02 sensor from the dealership. The problem came back after two weeks of running perfect.
After I got the P0174 again I pulled the 02 sensor nd it was solid black. I cleaned it with some gas just to see if it would stop throwing the code.
It didn't.

David I did clean the throttle body while I had the cai off cleaning the maf sensor.

I was thinking to next try to test the injectors.
I'm also going to trace the 02 sensor wire all the way up to see if maybe it has a bad spot in the wire.

Weird thing is after replacing the 02 sensor the truck ran perfect for two weeks. No codes or anything. Then out of nowhere the same 02 code again. My dealership doesn't stock the 02 or I would have picked up another just to test.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Did the truck suck up any water?

Maf could have taken a shit but weird that it is just one side. I will try and look at your logs in the morning.

I also wonder what 02s were used. I have ZERO luck with aftermarket bosch 02s and prefer denso if they are not factory gm sensors

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Water was to the bottom of the doors.
Truck was running never killed.

o2 sensor that I put in was a ac delco 213-3839 from the dealership.

Truck ran fine for two weeks after that no codes or ruff idle.

efilive log files

1 - 14 of 14 Posts