Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a tour of their facilities and dyno shop, pretty nice place. Lots of engineers there writing code and testing. (sorry, no pics)

I watched a dyno tune session on a stock 2007 5.3 trailblazer, they got it from 227 RWHP to 260 RWHP and it sounded mean on the pull.

Nice guys, although I'm kind of nervous about leaving it the rest of the week, hope nothing happens to it. I'll be going back to pick it up Saturday morning. They did hook me up with an Infinity G35 to drive in the meantime. Infinity is not exactly my cup of tea, my impression is it's kind of cheap, but it does have a strong rubber band in the engine, a high stall torque converter that really feels like a stall...as in to pull off you give it a lot of gas then it just sits there and spins the tires. It's kind of fun watching the tach go to 7500 RPM before it shifts...but otherwise, unimpressive and has terrible side and rear mirror vision blind spots.

I'm just going to tell myself everything will be fine until I get the TBSS back. :)

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Funny you post this today.Some guy on Trailvoy did the same exact thing a couple of weeks ago.I think superchips and diablo suck on there time for putting they're boxes out.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
Well, yes and no...Many 2007 models have a tune already, but there is no handheld untis available for the 2007 yet. Superchips will be first to market it looks like and Diablo will be left out in the cold. Superchips can also access the TCM wheras the Diablo cannot. At least that is my understanding. It is a good access to be able to tune on the fly with the handheld tuner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts