Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x 5.3
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But to no avail, I searched about the drivers window Not rolling all the way up. . MINE goes in the rubber grove at the top Halfway but has been sucked in on the front half and they have just rolled the window up on it. Started working it in the front half today with a few old credit cards and finally got it in the groove. .gonna keep it up a few days to see if the rubber relearned some. I also have the thick weather stripping around the rear doors falling out of the corners but I might just super glue them back ..

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,494 Posts
I have the same issue when driving. The window gets sucked out slightly then catches the rubber trim and gets stuck. Haven't found a fix. Sometimes I can open up the sunroof which alleviates the cabin pressure before rolling up the windows. Or slow down to under 60 mph helps too.

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS AWD
338 Posts
My passenger window does the same at highway speeds. Have to crack another window for it to go up all the way. It has done it since new.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,057 Posts
I have the same issue when driving. The window gets sucked out slightly then catches the rubber trim and gets stuck. Haven't found a fix. Sometimes I can open up the sunroof which alleviates the cabin pressure before rolling up the windows. Or slow down to under 60 mph helps too.
Both my front windows do this, crack the sunroof, open then close said windows, continue with day..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x 5.3
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got the window in the Groove using credit cards to help it find its way while it was sitting in the driveway. I have left the window up in hopes the rubber will open up some but thanks for the help.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x 5.3
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully after a week in the groove it will want to go in from now on, I hit the road in it in the morning so time will tell. It has been years since I have had a car with this issue.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
There is a TSB for that, Mine did that when it was new, took 4 trips because they were too lazy to adjust the window per the TSB. Even if you adjust the window the damage is already probably done to the weatherstrip so I made them replace that again after the window was adjusted,

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x 5.3
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I rolled it down yesterday after a week in the up position and I think it went in the groove with the other windows cracked so I should be fine.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x 5.3
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, so I have been working with the area that was damaged on my window by using 5/8 gas line in the groove when the window is down to spread it back open and it really does go into the groove now. Seemed to do the trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts