Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me what the maximum downshift speed is in order for the trans to automatically downshift from 3-2 and 2-1 with the factory tune/tire size when going WOT? I thought when the truck was stock it would drop from 3rd to 2nd gear if I punched it doing 70 MPH. Now after being tuned it is around 60-ish max. I thought I read a thread before about everyones upshift/downshift speeds and rpms but i searched and searched but couldn't find it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,564 Posts
We tune them so that they will not shift down if its going to shift to a gear that brings RPM above 5200. We do this to save the transmission and also take away that annoying down shift- immediate shift back up. It refines the factory programming, you can think of it that way.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kelly, I couldn't be happier with your tune. Cores and DH are packaged up and all ready to ship back.

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
171 Posts
i know in my 06 TBSS with LS1 E-Fans and a volant CAI it downshifts at 30 (when its cold it breaks the tires loose) :copcar:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.