Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the dorman ls1 fans... had one go bad on me. odd issue, the fan blade attaches to a notched shaft on the motor, but the notch on the fan blade is completely gone (its a perfect circle).

I had to cut the bolt off of the shaft to get the fan blade off to figure out what failed / remove the motor, so i need both the motor and the fanblade. does anyone have part numbers for these? or do i just have to buy a whole new assembly? I picked up a motor for ls1 fans at the parts store before i realized that the fan blade was the issue, but the stock fan motors have a different mounting scheme so they won't work.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS LT AWD
512 Posts
Depending where you got the fans from... You might have a lifetime Warranty on them.

I got mine through O'Reilly and got the warranty.

-David

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bought mine from rockauto, locally they are $100 more. but in hindsight i'll be spending more for two sets. i may hit the u pull tomorrow...

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found some dual ls1 fans at the u pull for $20 :clap: just used the fanblade off of it and installed them on the new motor i bought from autozone.

so lesson learned, if you bought the dorman fans, don't expect to be able to replace a motor easily since the fanblade -> motor shaft mounting design is different.

also, the motor mounts to the shroud with course thread screws into plastic, and 2 of the 3 wouldn't grab appreciably well. going to replace them with bolts that go all the way through since i think my fan got loose and was rubbing the shroud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts