Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an update/question:
Danny has requested that anyone who wanted black gloss powdered door sills to contact him. He has some options he would like to show/discuss
with you.

RETRO on the forum
TXT or call 817-726-3291
email: [email protected]

Al aka DBguru went with a different choice from the gloss after seeing comparrisons of different shades/textures.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,583 Posts
I'm hoping to pick up mine tomorrow on my way to the airport. I went with a crackle finish as I think it will look a lot better with the inevitable scratches from rocks caught in the soles of your shoes.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to pick up mine tomorrow on my way to the airport. I went with a crackle finish as I think it will look a lot better with the inevitable scratches from rocks caught in the soles of your shoes.
I'm headed up there at around 10 am so I'll see ya when you get there-1pm right?

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,583 Posts
5:45 flight so about 3:30 or 3:45

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
whats the crackle finish look like??

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Its more of a texture finish than crackle, sort of like what gym equipment is done in. And it does look good! We were looking thru all the paypal and emails and its confusing as hell trying to figure out who some of you are. We need people to respond so we can check you off and ship the sills out. We got some names but then no forum name and vice versa. And then we got payments with no information at all???? :dunno:
We still don't know who Blkcherry70 is and his/her sill plates are polished aluminum and have been sitting at RaiderFreaks house for over a month (Danny misread what they were). He has been ready to forward them but we don't have a clue who it is. We need name
forum name
mailing address
and type of sill which is:
aluminum either polished, powdercoated or both/twotone (NO LIGHTS WITH THESE)
OR Stainless, which does get lights and whether they are polished, or powdercoated-what color/finish desired, light color.

The yellow and blue are done in the gloss black finish The others are the textured black finish like what Al (DBguru got)

The top ones are polished, the next ones are media blasted and the bottom is gun metal-it looks darker in this pic than in daylight

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is from the orignal thread on sills
The plates themselves will be offered in a stainless or an aircraft grade aluminum with a machined/raw, polished or powder coated finish.

Payment may be made at: [email protected]
Please add to the remarks the following. Forum name, real name, material, and colors or finishes.

Pricing per set as follows:

Stainless:
Raw/Machined W/Lights - $225.00
Polished or Powder coated w/lights - $250.00

Aluminum: (NO lights)
Raw/Machined - $115.00
Polished or Powder Coated - add $25

The color of the back lighting will be a choice of 1 of 5 options below. (We are looking into doing some custom colors, but right now we are in the experimental stages of that).
http://tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58834

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here is the list from awhile back I know we got payment from some of you so copy this and indicate if you sent us money with a yes or no right after your segment below.

1 Mad Texan in but not sure which one - We have your payment but which style?
2 blasst9406 brushed with blue light - I think we have money from you also
3 jays07tbss brushed with red lights pu april
4 skinpuppi gloss black with yellow lights - Rob's are ready to go
5 skillaSS60 gloss black with red - Oscar's are ready to go
6 LXative
7 mitch cramer baby! black with blue lights
8 undrpsi polished with red - These are just about ready to go
9 09TBSS_RJW gloss black with red lights
10 mrbigtanker*
11 smokin86monte alum polished over black
13 blkcherry70 aluminum polished-yours are sitting at Mike Soto's house
14 jusblze gloss black with blue lights
15 db-guru to decide with or without lighting- just got his today
16 Hard_oNe
17 RBs SS
18 lobes1136 bumper plate first
19 North Texas TBSS will buy later
20 maximeyescl black with blue lights dk PAID - I know we have this one ready
21 KodiakSS polished with blue lights paid Jeff Lawn

ALL THE REST OF PEOPLE ON THIS LIST NEED TO CONFIRM TO US WHETHER YOU ARE IN OR OUT.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
OK, WHAT ARE WE POWDERING YOURS WITH? The stainless is silver.
Danny and I went back and forth on this On page 4 of the orignal thread...

http://tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58834&page=4

I know the stainless steel is silver, but i want it to match the paint on my truck....Not the wheels...So I wanted it PC'ed silver....do you not think this is a good idea?

On this post you recommended I go with stainless steel and a silver PC....

http://tbssowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=996466&postcount=81

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Did you see the pics just posted above? Tell me what you think of the versions I just took pics of.
THX

We can powder a media blasted stainless with clear and that will give you a similar look of your accessories. Without having your silver TBSS to view up close to compare with samples we can't be 100% on.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
Ok can you PC it the color of my truck? its a glossy silver...not polished like the rims that have a mirror finish...but a silver PC.

matching the finish on my steering wheel in the pic on the original thread....or the finish on the silver piece in the middle of all of our stock shifters...OR the color of my truck...

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok can you PC it the color of my truck? its a glossy silver...not polished like the rims that have a mirror finish...but a silver PC.

matching the finish on my steering wheel in the pic on the original thread....or the finish on the silver piece in the middle of all of our stock shifters...OR the color of my truck...

Ok, I think that if we media blast the stainless with silica/glass and then shoot with a clear it should look like the silver paint.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
Ok, I think that if we media blast the stainless with silica/glass and then shoot with a clear it should look like the silver paint.
ok, cool....silver PC is not do-able or there are too many shades?

any ETA on the media blasting/clear with white lights setup?

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, cool....silver PC is not do-able or there are too many shades?

any ETA on the media blasting/clear with white lights setup?
Yea there are tons of silver variations. Maybe next week, I think Danny is going out of town in about 10 days for a bit so...possibly mid next week.

·
Registered
07 Black TBSS 3SS
275 Posts
PM Sent

Here is the list from awhile back I know we got payment from some of you so copy this and indicate if you sent us money with a yes or no right after your segment below.

1 Mad Texan in but not sure which one - We have your payment but which style? Textured black/ raised in brushed finish
2 blasst9406 brushed with blue light - I think we have money from you also
3 jays07tbss brushed with red lights pu april
4 skinpuppi gloss black with yellow lights - Rob's are ready to go
5 skillaSS60 gloss black with red - Oscar's are ready to go
6 LXative
7 mitch cramer baby! black with blue lights
8 undrpsi polished with red - These are just about ready to go
9 09TBSS_RJW gloss black with red lights
10 mrbigtanker*
11 smokin86monte alum polished over black
12 ISPTPR in style???
13 blkcherry70 aluminum polished-sitting at Mike Soto's house
14 jusblze gloss black with blue lights
15 db-guru to decide with or without lighting- just got his today
16 Hard_oNe
17 RBs SS
18 lobes1136 bumper plate first
19 North Texas TBSS will buy later
20 maximeyescl black with blue lights dk PAID - I know we have this one ready

ALL THE REST OF PEOPLE ON THIS LIST NEED TO CONFIRM TO US WHETHER YOU ARE IN OR OUT.
:coolthumb:

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
Looks Great!/jerk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Please add me back on the list. Already paid. See post #101 on original thread. Kodiakss/Jeff Lawn -stainless, polished,blue lights.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts