Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my friends I have some issues that need a little advise on.
1. My dog is a constant barker and we can't keep him outside without having animal control called on us.
2. He is temperamental on who he likes.

I would appreciate any advice that you can give me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
obedience school. you and the dog. dog needs to see who the fuckin man is, and learn his place. much like a wo....I better not finish that...

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts

Call him.......

Or you could call me, but I doubt you will like what I have to say lol.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
1. Muzzle?
1. Be outside with the dog and teach him not to bark.
2. If he bites a lot or is unpredictable you need to train him or get rid of him. If he bites someone they can sue you....and thats no fun.
:2cents:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Damnit I was gonna post a Cesar Milan pic...

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
did u try yelling at it?

lol, idk, we have a weimareiner (sp) and it does the same thing. I tried the rob dydrek/dog whisperer method and it didnt work.

·
Bunch of Slow
08' TrailblazerSS
2,432 Posts
Every time he barks and you tell him not to... bite is snout/nose. For any other time he doesn't obey, bite his ear. It works, try it for awhile ... shows dominance.

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
Type of dog and age? Alot of problems with dogs are due to lack of knowledge by the owner/trainer. If it's young there's no reason the dog should be out by ist self or off-leash for that matter. Keep the dog at your side at all times and constantly train. Keep treats in your pocket to provide positive reinforcement. I've got a 1 year old 80lb male German shepherd that listens to everything I say and never takes his attention off. Time, patience, and alot of training..... Feel free to pm me. Kevin ISPTR is very knowledgable as well.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,035 Posts
Type of dog and age? Alot of problems with dogs are due to lack of knowledge by the owner/trainer. If it's young there's no reason the dog should be out by ist self or off-leash for that matter. Keep the dog at your side at all times and constantly train. Keep treats in your pocket to provide positive reinforcement. I've got a 1 year old 80lb male German shepherd that listens to everything I say and never takes his attention off. Time, patience, and alot of training..... Feel free to pm me. Kevin ISPTR is very knowledgable as well.
:iamwithstupid:

lets start off with breed, sex, age and if it has had any previous owners........

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
104 Posts
He is an 8 year old aussie. He actually just started acting out towards random people within the past year or so. Today he actually viciously barked at a kid that came to our door. He then fought his way out the door and jumped on the kid. I dont think he would ever bite. But the way he barks and jumps I am unsure and can't take the chance!! The fact that did this to a child scares us!

·
Garage Queen
TrailblazerSS
2,055 Posts
is he nuetered yet? I know a lot of male dogs temperments do change after being nuetured... I too have a german shepherd who only knows commands in spanish (very funny watchin my friends tryin to tel her to sit).. she is now 3 years old and is VERY loyal and obedient to me.. she knows I'm the boss.. but I spent a lot of time with her as a puppy.. but even to this day I can show her something once and she knows it for life...

As far as aggression or biting..you really gotta watch that.. my brother just had to put his boxer down due to biting.. he couldn't give him away because if he bit the person he gave th dog too, they could still sue.. or so as told me by the rescue shelters... so its iffy man.. just put in the time and see where it takes you

·
Bunch of Slow
08' TrailblazerSS
2,432 Posts
He is an 8 year old aussie. He actually just started acting out towards random people within the past year or so. Today he actually viciously barked at a kid that came to our door. He then fought his way out the door and jumped on the kid. I dont think he would ever bite. But the way he barks and jumps I am unsure and can't take the chance!! The fact that did this to a child scares us!
About the time y alls child came along?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes he is neutered and has been since he was a 12 week old pup. We used the dog whisperers advise on the calm submissive state.
But I'm starting to was think that he may be just getting old, and may be having an imbalance of sorts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
^^ This ^^

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
713 Posts
He is an 8 year old aussie.
If you have an aussie, a shock collar wont affect the barking because the hair is so thick around the neck. As aussies get older they become more territorial, but still are lovable dogs that need a lot of attention. I have one who is 6 and he is starting to act the same way when someone new is on/in his domain.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts