Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Carry a Spare Tire in your TBSS?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating whether to carry a spare tire or simply store it away in the closet. What are your reasons for not carrying a spare tire - weight reduction, gas savings, dual exhaust setup or simply be hindering lowering components?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,422 Posts
I have dual exhaust and still have a spare in mine. With as much miles as I put on I would rather have the spare and never need it then need the spare and not have it. I love going fast but Im not one to sacrifice my spare just to save a few pounds.
:2cents:

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
no spare for me. Feels lighter to me in the rear. the way i go through tires im not too worried cause it seems i get new tires every two years anyway, thats with winter storage too.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Mine was gone when I purchased the truck. I don't plan on replacing it. Just gonna keep a plug kit in the truck. Still gotta get an accessory air hose to use with the factory compessor.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
No spare until I take long road trips; I have AAA. Looks better! Better mpg! A concern when lowered, the tire actually sits lower than the rear diff. Oh and it looks better! :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Nothin! To much work! Gotta love tire plugs

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
I'm about to get new tires all around and keep the spare in the garage, but I. Been riding around with the spare for over 30k on same tires. I'm a little over due for tires otherwise it would been gone a while ago.. but if your going on a trip or a long distance, I would slap it on.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Mine was gone when I purchased the truck. I don't plan on replacing it. Just gonna keep a plug kit in the truck. Still gotta get an accessory air hose to use with the factory compessor.
how easy to use and how well do those plug kits hold up?

i dont care about saving a few pounds but i hate how you can see the tire sticking out

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
At an average of 14mpg, I going to remove all the weight I can... matter of fact, I'm going to start exercising Monday! LOL:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
You and your 24"s :doh: lol btw I get 10.4 shhhhhhh

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Yes siiiiiir, 24's all day long! You get 10.4mpg but you also get 10.4 in the quarter mile! The price we pay to be able to go fast!:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Lol ..That's right also no spair becUse it's a Pain in the ass to always take it out to race ever week

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Plus if your lowered it might not slide our :rofl:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
No spare, unless I'm on a long trip

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good idea. I've used a plug kit before on my S10 and lasted for 10K. Really, I live on a island...I don't take long road trips. :doh:

More room for my future dual exhaust system. :D

:cheers1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
441 Posts
you can somewhat see my spare so i will be taking it out for looks if that makes sence(sounds kinda dumb) but i dont like the look. plus im going to buy new tires so im not to worried and i carry a patch kit incase i get a nail.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts