Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
...Winning...
06 Trailblazer SS
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would let everyone know, and I'm not trying got step on any toes (Tony)...

I took my swaybar off the truck because I returned all the suspension back to stock. I will be selling my swaybar for $180 shipped. However, after having my DJM swaybar installed for 2 1/2 months, the bushings are completely ruined. I have attached a pic below.

I PM'ed Tony about each one being torn on both sides, and he said...

NORCAL SS said:
djms releasing a new design bushing later this week. You can email ****@djmsuspension.com and he will take care of you
So I sent an email, and after about a week, this was the response I received...

DJM said:
The bushing situation you have is being fixed by making a completely new bushing that eliminate this cutting problem. We have to make new tooling for the part and then do a production run of the part. Everyone who has this bar will get new bushings at no charge. There is a double order of hustle on this project but it still will take a little while to complete. I will keep you posted, and thanks for your patience.

1. I wanted to bring this to light because (again) I'm getting ready to sell mine.I don't want a buyer to be discouraged from buying them because I will send them the new bushings as I receive them. Everything was fine, it firmed up my suspension, it just so happens the bushings got cut.

2. For those of you who purchased this bar already, that there are issues with the bushings and because it's only been 2 months, I'm sure most of y'all haven't taken the bar off to inspect everything. But you will be getting new bushing from DJM free of charge.

3. I want to give props to DJM for seeing the flaw and (hopefully) doing everything they can do rectify the situation as fast as they can.

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
Hopefully they get this resolved and the new batch of bars will go with out a hitch! But from the looks of it if something else does go wrong, their owning up and fixing it hassle free.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
401 Posts
I'm glad that you brought this up because my bushing are doing the exact same thing. They are all cut up on the sides and are being pushed out from around the sway bar.

I thought I was the only other one with this problem. Gonna contact DJM Monday then.
See pics:

Sorry for the blurry pic, just drove it and it was hot under there.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
:argue2::dunno:

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Well going to get under my truck and look at my bushings to see if I have this issue as well.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.