Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
55 Posts
Had the same problem. Ended up using larger spacers on the lower side. Also check the rear bags to see what the measurements are . This has an effect on front measurements too . Good Luck :D

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
I still have the same problem on mine when i hit more abrupt bumps they bottom out and hit the inner fender well liner when i talked to Tony he told me that the Belltech shocks are too soft, so i just slow down for real abrupt bumps and those higher speed long swooping bumps, i know this isnt really a fix but just thought id share

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
put the djm a arms with two inch drop strut mounts on and the pass side is one inch lower and is bottoming out on bumps and have any info and help for me
its not the kit its your truck. These trucks are lower on the pass side ive seen anywhere from 1/2-1 inch. Gm will say its even but when you drop the truck you notice it more.

Any truck that ends up tapping i just notch the fenderwells now. takes about 1/2 hour to do and you dont get the tapping noise anymore.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
340 Posts
put the djm a arms with two inch drop strut mounts on and the pass side is one inch lower and is bottoming out on bumps and have any info and help for me
I had an issue with my strut mounts that let the strut bottom out in the DJM mount. Make sure the bolt is still going through the groove on the strut. It made about 3/4" difference on mine after I fixed it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
talk with tony just now and let me tell u what a great guy to take the time and help me. will def deal with him in the future. thank you tony for all the help and taking the time to explain things. A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ on customer service

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
no problem man. Where I work at my job we don't get reception all the time but if you leave a message ill call back.

Hopefully that fixes it if not then drop struts will for sure. GM lean is common

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Sure it's common, but what about MADEWELL's post?

Couldn't it be something else?

And how would drop struts help with lean? They're going to lower each corner the same?

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Sure you can. But that's not fixing a problem. That's a bandaid and surely there is something else goin on.

Why would a truck be that far off, it makes no sense.

Oh well guess it's just "some have a crazy lean" thing.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If WHAT fixed it. Your post about your chat with tony said nothing of what it might be.

Tonys post said nothing of what it might be.

Just curious.

tony said to lossen the 18 mm bolt that holds the bottom of the strut to the mount and then put pressure on the lower control arm that way it raises the strurt in the mount then tighten the bolt back and then maybe that would fix the problem well i did that and it is still one inch lower on the pass front the rear is fine its the front that looks like shit and plus when i go over bumps in the road my a arms slam into my fender also my tires hit inside as well and i am still useing factory size tires. im almost ready to give up and just call this djm drop kit trash. any have any idea on whats going on with this kit?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.