Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Streak
TrailblazerSS
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of FF Dynamics Electric Fans as compared to fans from PCM? EBay kit: Chevy Trailblazer SS Extreme Dual Electric Fan Conversion Kit Custom Fan System. :dunno:

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
85 Posts
I was wondering the same thing!

·
Registered
09 Saab 9-7X Aero
143 Posts
They don't look like all that high of quality to be honest.

I have been running this setup in my Aero for two years now with no issues http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XONYDE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

IT fits perfectly and to the point that it could almost stay in place without the use of brackets. The picture in the link above is deceiving as they come with SPAL fans on them now, at least mine did.

For the relays I used this kit Electric Cooling Hi Low Fan Harness GM LS1 LS7 LS9 Engines | eBay

For me I could of just bought PCM's kit, but I like to be different and see if I can change it up a bit.

I can dig up the pictures if you like of what it looks like installed.

Mike

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
They don't look like all that high of quality to be honest.

I have been running this setup in my Aero for two years now with no issues http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XONYDE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

IT fits perfectly and to the point that it could almost stay in place without the use of brackets. The picture in the link above is deceiving as they come with SPAL fans on them now, at least mine did.

For the relays I used this kit Electric Cooling Hi Low Fan Harness GM LS1 LS7 LS9 Engines | eBay

For me I could of just bought PCM's kit, but I like to be different and see if I can change it up a bit.

I can dig up the pictures if you like of what it looks like installed.

Mike
Does your fan controller run both fans in series on the low setting? Or is it one fan on low, and both on high?

·
Registered
1 Posts
just a follow up to this. I would say the FFD fans are much better option overall. You can buy the harness and tap them into the stock PCM. These have the highest CFM rate available today. I asked PCM of NC and their metal Full on heavy duty unit is 1730 cfm per fan vs 2500 cfm with the FFD. They are made in the USA and I have run a set on my 02 Tahoe towing a 5k lb boat in the mountains. They seem to be like the best option and are less $$ than PCM of NC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts