Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.. Well I took my tbss on it's first little road trip from Philly to DC 2 hr drive and at the last toll when I pull off from 1-2 shift hard and 3-4 kind of firm more than usual ... I get to my destination let the car cool then drive around the block it was fine...???? What could it be ??? Do I need trans cooler??? Also on the way home same thing... I turned the car off to go into the store for 3 minutes and it drives fine???? Please help me

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Sounds ok to me, but get a trans cooler on that thing!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS 2wd
2,804 Posts
yeah 3 mins is not enough time to get that trans temp down enough to make a big difference. I would say that it was probably an isolated glitch. Usually when the trans gets hot, the shifts are not hard or firm. They are usually very sloppy.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Not sure but Trans Cooler would be a big help.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Sounds like the ol' slip bang with the fans going.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
You will never know.. There are bone stock SS's with 20k miles that blow than u can have a highly modded SS that runs 11's on stock trans. Ita a matter of luck.. Or how your tune is set up. IMO the best mod I did was my trans
** I had a 12.02 on stock trans and a 75 shot n never missed a beat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.