Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
L.E.D. FREAK!
1,523 Posts
holt shit, i dont know if im retarded or what!?! but i dont quite understand. SO you wash 1. the car with dawn, i got that.
2. Then you apply one coat of z5 (how do you apply this first coat??)...
3. let dry for a few hours....buff off
4. then do another 2 "lite" coats which you can do one right after another??..buff each coat seperately?
5. then its time for z2?..
6. 3-5 coats ...buffing in between each coat??
7. then DONE!!!

is this right?? also i do not have a PC for buffing...so what can i use in the mean time (microfiber)??
thanks

·
Registered
2007 2WD
410 Posts
holt shit, i dont know if im retarded or what!?! but i dont quite understand. SO you wash 1. the car with dawn, i got that.
2. Then you apply one coat of z5 (how do you apply this first coat??)...
3. let dry for a few hours....buff off
4. then do another 2 "lite" coats which you can do one right after another??..buff each coat seperately?
5. then its time for z2?..
6. 3-5 coats ...buffing in between each coat??
7. then DONE!!!

is this right?? also i do not have a PC for buffing...so what can i use in the mean time (microfiber)??
thanks

the directions are on their website zainostore.com

I highly reccommend getting the ZFX cure accelerator. with this you can apply one coat right after the other (after z-6 spray down of course).

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i tried zaino clear seal (ZCS) yesterday and im sold on it, all you so is wipe it on with an applictor and you're finished, take 5 min and looks awsome

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
I use a an air hog detail blower designed for motorcycle use. It is filtered and brings the temp of the air up 20 deg. Also Pinnacle Wax has some awesome poducts across the board. Check out there site, all of there poducts are pro grade. Good site deals to.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
241 Posts
I zaino'd (wash, clay, accel z-5) last night and left it on over night and when I checked this morning it was still not dry (in garage). I found that odd but will try another coat this afternoon when it is sunny out.

i know it sounds like alot of work, but after the first coat you can do the rest in about 3 hours. if you don't use the ZFX accelerator you need to let the first coat cure for a couple hours, depending on the humidity. once you do it once it goes really quick after that. you put it on so thin you can hardly see it on light color cars. i usually start on one pannel and work my way around the truck, by the time i get around the whole truck its ready to be wiped off

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS
4,581 Posts
I am a real pain in the ass with my Black SS. I have had many black vehicles and the true test for me is to take it out in the afternoon sun ....when it is between 3:00pm and 5:00pm and the sun is at an angle so you can stand beside your vehicle and see any lines , minor scratches/swirls etc. I have tried every product out the and finally ..Meguires has something that I am very impressed with !

I start with Meguires #105 Ultra cut compound ..Mirror glaze ...You have to call and ask for this product because it is sold to body shops only ....it is not sold to retail outlets . They will sell it to an individual .

Then use meguires NXT Tech wax 2.0 ( do not use the NXT if it does not say 2.0 on the bottle )

ALL swirls and slight scratches are gone ....Totally gone ....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
241 Posts
my true test is a shop light held at about 35* angle at 4 feet distance in the garage. any lines? scratches? NO GOOD, hehehe...but yeah i'm a pita with my black cars too. I understand Ultimate_Fighter.

Dylan:
And yes I realize zaino is somewhat fickle but I could already see a clarity from this morning's wipe-down that is quite awesome...so I'll keep at it today and report back. ;-)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
82 Posts
I HATE SWIRLS!!!! im taking it to get buffed/detailed today then its back on my own feet. Thanks for all the tips guys.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Swirl marks...use a buffer and a swirl mark remover (like Meguires, sorry I don't know what Adams has...YET) or a light cutting compound, then do it again by hand with the same compound and some elbow grease. Polishing wax and then a few coats of a "sealer" wax and you're good to go. Thats the best setup I've found for a black car that the average guy can do in his garage and it gets rid of swirl marks pretty well. After your final wax if you have any residue smears use a quick detailer spray and a MICROFIBER CLOTH.

Wheels and tires
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO USE A DIFFERENT WASH MIT/RAG TO DO WHEELS AND TIRES!!!! Or you might as well just beat your paint with a stick if you're going to use the same mit to wash everything.
-I NEVER use a spray tire shine!! There are a few companies that make a gel that squeezes into a sponge and you can lightly spread it over the tire. If you goop it on or don't wipe off the excess you're gonna splatter tire shine all over your freshly waxed paint.

Microfiber cloths, washmits, etc are your best friends. When you're done using one for wax removal wash it and use it for your rims. When taking the wax off your car use two, one to get the "meat" of the wax off the other to get the oily residue off (and don't you fuckers pervert that, I know you want to).

Take your time and do it right.
NEVER wax a car in the sun or even when the paint is hot to the touch.

Hope this helped a little, great thread Zack

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
If you haven't checked out Adams Polishes yet, you need to.

Join their forum. You will learn more there than most can tell you here.

They have IMHO the King Shit of Fuck Mtn. for products.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
What do you guys use on suede seats? I'm afraid to try regular leather cleaner, just figured I'd look for some input.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
I am new to this site. I am trying to post a message out. I have a 07 blazer and the warranty is runing out soon is there anything I should have them check.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts