Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running 265/50 and 305/45 in some cheap tires on a 20x8/10.....learned lesson on rears(old tires side walls cracking, seem like they where old and now one has a nail in it. fronts need replaced (my fault) only other 305 set up is the yokohamas and tire rack seems to be getting rid of them (as in maybe they are not making them any more)
so I really decided on BFG KDWs with 295 rears. problem, KDWS on back order for the set I need. yokos are 400$ more and dont know if they will be made again. my woman is taking two weeks off to go to parents so I figured I would go somewhere.
Well, I dont know what to do. only date I seen for bfgs are showing 8-12 shipping.
WTF!
any Ideas? wanted the kdw for the grip/pattern. the yokos seem to hook well too and nutty professors runs them (joe said they are good tires, but dont want to buy something being phased out)

so, sitting around for two weeks with nothing to do is what I see in close future.....damn it!

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
I went with falken for my 265 295 combo. No complaints. They were 699 out the door from discount with road hazard.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
i put the bfg's on mine...

and its the #1 best purchase i made for the truck...

ride, handling, and noise are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the stupid goodyears...

truck rides nicer, handles better, and is quieter inside...

tires, tune, struts... in order the best 3 things i have done to the truck.
DITTO love them...many will say sidewalk is plain but I'll take performance over looks.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well I am attempting to do the same, no one has a 265/50 295/45 set...........only two week till i am child and woman free for two weeks.........and its starting out like shit

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
When I bought mine they were on national backorder too. No one had them in stock. I am also agreeing with greg that they are one of the best mods I have done to my truck. The ride is night and day difference.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
I love the BFGs but another good option (which I am currently running in 265/50 and 295/45) is the Toyo Proxes ST-II. They are a little cheaper then the BFGs but I like them so far in the couple months I have had them.

·
Skinny Pedal Abuser
06 TBSS
224 Posts
I was going to get them too and went to order them and saw the mid Aug delivery date. No thanks, gotta trip at the end of the month and cant wait. I picked up the Kumho STX's, and will have them on this weekend.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hell, i called BFG and asked them what the deal was. they are working on them, but no date. So, I tried to get a free t-shirt out of them for not having my tires. MY local guy cant find none. found the rears and one front in GA....wtf....

tried dave, he was busy first time and second time busy phone. place in cali does not show them on back order so I am waiting till 10am to call them

if so, its I wait or my local guy can get me the toyo's for 900

BAM! online tire had 5 of the 265s left and 4 of the 295s.....on there way.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
549 Posts
I have been told by many of people that most tire companys dont produce tires untill there is enough orders, IE which is why most the tires I want are always on back order. The common tires, always there, but the ones that are not seen as much, like 295s a little bit harder to justify producing assloads of them until there is enough confirmed orders, whether it be tire rack, kandm tire etc etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts